Viridian City - N4A Chat Thread, November 2018

EH_STEVE

8 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Is Simon's Quest actually bad, or do people only say that because the Angry Video Game Nerd said so?

good music, bad everything else. NPCs lie to you, dungeon areas are lifeless and trolly, the grinding isn't very fun. There's a romhack that was called... some R word as a subtitle that fixed lots of its problems. It was mentioned in that old sequelitis video. You could play that if you really wanted to. But yeah, all of his complaints back then were legitimate ones. Symphony of the Night was the first to return to the leveling system and obviously did a much better job.

Rondo is great. Forgot to mention that one. 4 is a classic but the 8 way whip renders every subweapon except the cross absolutely useless. And it's way too easy.

CV3 is by far the best classic one imo.

Edited by Pichi
12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Really liking Pokemon Quest so far, it's pretty nice and relaxing. 

--------------------------

Damn... people's Switches are bricking again. Even ones with their official docks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/a09dkw/system_software_62_bricked_my_switch_i_have_never/?sort=new

Welp, guess I'm not playing mine in docked mode any time soon.

Mine updated to 6.2.0 just fine, but it was undocked. So for now, that's probably the safest way to do any updates with it system wise. Not worth taking any chances.

I honestly find Pokémon Quest too grindy. Made it to the end boss after leveling for days and when I get there, find I have to grind more. Maybe I am missing some kind of mechanic, I don’t know...

Yeah, I always end up updating undocked. Just works out that way.

1 hour ago, DranSeasona said:

I honestly find Pokémon Quest too grindy. Made it to the end boss after leveling for days and when I get there, find I have to grind more. Maybe I am missing some kind of mechanic, I don’t know...

Yeah, I always end up updating undocked. Just works out that way.

Ah. Yea it is, but at least it's a decent enough free game. No real complaints otherwise from me.

Ah. 

57 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

How so?

My understanding is that the original Rondo of Blood is exclusive to some Japanese-exclusive toaster, and that Dracula X is the remake that's available on consoles that people actually own.

some different levels and more difficult controls and weirdness idr exactly

1 hour ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Ayo what's your favorite game on that thing?

Aye, trying to manage my final projects for this school semester. Shit's a nightmare. 

Skyrim is pretty cool so far (I suck at lock picking though :P), so is Mario Kart, also like Pokemon Quest.

Ah. Damn. Hope those turn out well for you there.

Edited by Doc Brown