Viridian City - N4A Chat Thread, November 2018

EH_STEVE

As of this week (or today, specifically) I’ve started that job thing at a work center working with cutting out and packaging dog biscuits...

Considering I’m not a dog person and working with biscuits, there might be some irony in that somewhere...

Granted it’s not exactly too difficult, and it’s something I’ve been able to get into seamlessly - I think my previous skills/knowledge with cooking and baking helps, actually

Granted it’s not exactly the most exciting thing, but it’s a start, at least for future work

I have never been able to experience a snow day, but due to the California fires my university is closing for most of this week so I guess this is the closest I'll ever get. More time to work on the project I've been struggling to complete all weekend, thankfully.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, Ephraim said:

@fuzz I went 6-2 with Hollow One in a 150+ player open tournament today and got prize tix :D Deck's so strong~

Yoooo congrats! I'm glad to hear the deck is still doing work for ya! I'm glad it has stuck around despite its massive surge in popularity initially. I've been trying to draft a lot on Arena as of late, haven't played any paper magic in ages outside of edh with coworkers but I'm still enjoying guilds draft a good amount, and it gives me pieces to throw together something for Arena standard which is fun. The closest I've got to modern is getting milk tea with a buddy and running some games for an hour or two, haha. 

2 hours ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Welp my friend that was going to help me install the internal HDD to get me to start dual booting just got busy. Oh well. 

you could always watch one of the million youtube videos for this kinda stuff

25 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Wednesday thoughts. People think Priam sinks any theory if Ike X Soren but the fact Ylisse/Archanea isn't submerged is 'just a detail' when all other continents being submerged for at least a thousand is a plot point of Tellius.This bothers me.

Tellius takes place at the beginning of the timeline. Thousands of years after Radiant Dawn, the oceans evaporated and the continents were restored.

In FE3/12, it is revealed that Marth is not directly descended from Anri, but from his brother Marcellus. Despite this, the Altean royal family is still treated like Anri's heirs, as Anri himself died childless.

Therefore, it is possible that Priam is actually descended from Ike's sister Mist, who has a canon paired ending with Boyd. Ergo, just like Marth, he can still be considered Ike's heir since Ike himself was gay.

18 minutes ago, Arvis said:

--> feel bad for having to miss work because asthma is smoke is terrible'

--> university is closed due to smoke, which means I wouldn't be able to access the building anyway

well, choose a good day to take a sick day.

A friend of mine just told me SF closed through Thanksgiving, is that true? It's so close to the end of the semester! Up here we're only closed through today as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that they were closing up tomorrow also. I'm just super thankful my only mode of transportation isn't a bike anymore..

5 minutes ago, fuzz said:

A friend of mine just told me SF closed through Thanksgiving, is that true? It's so close to the end of the semester! Up here we're only closed through today as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that they were closing up tomorrow also. I'm just super thankful my only mode of transportation isn't a bike anymore..

Yes and no. There's no classes until the Monday after thanksgiving, but I'm not in classes (lab/thesis work is different). Campus is scheduled to be open Monday through Wednesday even though there's no classes, so I'll still be working most of next week.

And they're closed tomorrow too.

Edited by Arvis