Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp update to "broaden the scope of gameplay"

Coming from Nintendo's recent finical briefing... They are currently working on an update for AC: Pocket Camp to "broaden the scope of gameplay".

Anyone here still play AC: Pocket Camp? I check in every once in a while for a minuet or two. I've recently been collecting Splatoon and Pokemon items.

Spoiler

Had to remove moat of my Splatoon items to add the giant stuffed Eevee.

It's nice to see that they're adding more to the gameplay, because I felt they took most of the Animal Crossing out of Animal Crossing  with Pocket Camp (basically a very lite ver. of AC). Though, I still like collecting items and decorating my campsite. I really hope this update makes the game really worth playing, because when they announced AC for mobile, they said it would connect with future AC games and we know AC is coming to the Switch in 2019, so...

Edited by alienboyva

Last year around this time me and a few others would be working overnight shifts at TRU. My then coworker, now girlfriend, got me hooked onto playing this for the entire time we worked overnights and stayed on it until about February of this year when I finally gave up on it. Depending on how this update goes I'll definitely fire it up and see what changes are in store.  I still have the app on my phone, it has just been chillin' for most of the year. XD

24 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Last year around this time me and a few others would be working overnight shifts at TRU. My then coworker, now girlfriend, got me hooked onto playing this for the entire time we worked overnights and stayed on it until about February of this year when I finally gave up on it. Depending on how this update goes I'll definitely fire it up and see what changes are in store.  I still have the app on my phone, it has just been chillin' for most of the year. XD

Yeah...I assume most people that got really into to it stopped because they got burned out by all the back-to-back events. Most of the events I felt weren't worth doing any more since the rewards were't that interesting.  A while ago they added fortune cookies (a.k.a. loot boxes) which they add all their cool items to. There are daily ones that you can buy for 500 or so bells, which will give you your basic items you can find at Nooks/Able Sisters, though some times one of the cookies that cost leaf tickets will appear for 5k bells.

BTW, they recently updated their app icon for the games 1-year anniversary, (looks like something big is going to happen) and they recently gave out Capp for SMO's 1-anniversary, so there's still reason to check in every once in a while.

:o 

Spoiler

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp update to "broaden the scope of gameplay"