Bethesda planning on next Wolfenstein for Switch

Kezay

Fallout 76 For Nintendo Switch "Wasn't Doable," But Bethesda Still Loves The System

After confirmation that Fallout 76 won't be headed to Switch not long after Elder Scrolls online was also confirmed to not be coming the marketing exec. for Bethesda, Pete Hines, confirmed that Switch is a platform that the company also considers as new projects come into view.  In this same interview Hines hints that the next Wolfenstein release will also be headed to Switch which could be one of two titles (one formally announced which is "Youngblood" and one that is still yet to be detailed) as noted by Gamespot.

Yeah, that is confusing.

We know that Doom Eternal is coming out for PS4, Xbox One and Switch same day. This is the first I hear of the next Wolfenstein, I wanna say he means "Youngblood" for Switch.

Why say a blanket statement about the next Wolfenstein series and don't mention the platforms? Especially when the DLC of Wolfenstein II is only confirmed for PS4, Xbox One and PC. I'm assuming means the DLC for Wolfenstein II for Switch. There's no new news on the next Wolfenstein to base any release on the platforms.

20 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, that is confusing.

We know that Doom Eternal is coming out for PS4, Xbox One and Switch same day. This is the first I hear of the next Wolfenstein, I wanna say he means "Youngblood" for Switch.

Why say a blanket statement about the next Wolfenstein series and don't mention the platforms? Especially when the DLC of Wolfenstein II is only confirmed for PS4, Xbox One and PC. I'm assuming means the DLC for Wolfenstein II for Switch. There's no new news on the next Wolfenstein to base any release on the platforms.

That's what most are thinking that it's probably just Youngblood but possibly leaving the door open for the next game as well as a possibility unless it turns out to be a title that simply won't run on Switch.  But between Bethesda's willing support on other projects and the surprising announcements, at the time, of Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and then again with Doom Eternal it's not yet an impossibility.  I think that's part of the reason for not leaning extremely hard into it only being Youngblood and instead leaving consideration open for the next game as well.

Yeah, I guess it can be looked at open door possibility to come to Switch.

This is different than Fallout 76 and Rage 2 because Switch cannot process those games and probably been in work before Switch. Just like how the latest AC series isn't on Switch in the conventional way. (outside of streaming) I understand the few who want most games on other platforms on Switch but outside the power required, if the game was in work before 2017, there no time and the money put that on Switch now just make it work and get some money from Switch crowd.

Yeah, this definitely for Youngblood with the possibility of the next Wolfenstein coming to Switch as well.