Analogue Sega Genesis HD System officially announced!!

I am super excited about this news.  I been waiting since the day they started releasing FPGA simulation machines back with the $500 NT.  My first foray into the FPGA realm was with the much less expensive FPGA AVS made by retrousb ($200 vs. $500 difference) and am very impressed with it to this day.  Last year I bought a Super NT which is the Super NES FPGA machine that Analogue created and I use it for all of my SNES games, all of my video capture and twitch stuff.  Both my AVS and my Super NT have replaced my original consoles.  They play, sound, and look better than they ever could on the original consoles, especially on a modern HDTV.  I knew once they made the Super NT that it was only a matter of time before they would do a Sega Genesis version.  The reason this is such a big deal for me, even over the previous systems is because the Sega Genesis looks and sounds like ABSOLUTE SHIT on modern TVs.  It is so bad that I can't even play the shit without the sound cutting out on me, the video jerking all over the place and it is a terrible experience.  That goes with every HDTV I have tried to use with my old Sega Genesis and why it has largely rotted in a corner with my Model 1 Sega CD that is just too awesome to be rotting away.

Then comes this announcement.  Basically it is everything that the Super NT had and more.  So this time around Analogue has went the extra mile to make sure that Sega CD Model 1 and 2s are compatible with the system,  they have created an adapter that will come with the system for Sega Master System games, and they also have an adapter that will only cost $10 that allows for you to play Game Gear carts through it.  It is all 100% compatible with every single game and it will 100% simulate (not emulate) the hardware and games exactly the way an original system does.  In some respects, it seems as if this will be a superior system to the Sega Genesis and if it is anything like the Super NT, I can assure you, it will make the original inferior which isn't going to be hard to do with how terrible the results are. 

They have also managed to absolutely nail the sound quality on this right out of the park saying it will sound better than it ever could on the original systems (the original sega genesis models apparently have sound quality that is all over the place depending what model you have and none of them are perfect).  I would say next to trying to play an N64 on a 1080p or 4K TV, the Sega Genesis is probably right up with it.  Don't get me wrong, 64 is much shittier on HDTVs and really does need a solution like this (although Kevtris, the guy that engineers and programs this stuff is saying N64 might not happen due to how much more complex and harder it is to FPGA that one but that it is possible, so hopefully that one does happen).  There has been no good solution whatsoever for playing Sega Genesis games on an HDTV outside of the expensive as fuck Framemeister that will run you $400 or to have your system modded RGB style which is time consuming and also cost serious cash.  These systems are the best no-hassle solution available to play your retro titles the way you remembered them as a kid without all the ugly and distorted crap that goes on on modern TVs. It releases April 9th of next year and it is a day 1 purchase for me since I have a decent sized collection of old Sega Genesis and CD games which is only going to continue expand.  It will be nice to finally play 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/16/17979024/sega-genesis-mega-drive-mega-sg-release-date-analogue-super-nt?fbclid=IwAR2xJGOn16XarnQGYwMVmlsYKHpGj68hvcUvpq6cemKlg59AjpxQPv4JYAQ