Mario Kart Tour info still not out

One would think that Nintendo would've released info about the upcoming mobile game Mario Kart Tour that's set to come out next year in the recent Nintendo Direct but that didn't happen.

How can you say a game is set to be released next year and not give us at least some details regarding characters, tracks, kart customizing, whether it's free to play or you have to pay for it, among other things, as we get closer to the end of 2018?

Kinda hard to know what the game will be like when we know nothing about it, though I'm sure they'll announce it eventually.

11 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

One would think that Nintendo would've released info about the upcoming mobile game Mario Kart Tour that's set to come out next year in the recent Nintendo Direct but that didn't happen.

How can you say a game is set to be released next year and not give us at least some details regarding characters, tracks, kart customizing, whether it's free to play or you have to pay for it, among other things, as we get closer to the end of 2018?

Kinda hard to know what the game will be like when we know nothing about it, though I'm sure they'll announce it eventually.

The part in bold is really not that out of the ordinary.  Nintendo has literally announced and released games within months of the initial announcement.  The Metroid II remake, for instance.  But maybe that's an extreme case, however it's not like it's an unknown thing for a game to be slated to release the NEXT year and have info withheld until a later date as that next year encroaches.  After all, do we know when it's supposed to release next year?

Didn't AC:PC get announced and dropped the same day in Australia, with a few more weeks until WW release?

I think with modern (i.e. 17/18 Nintendo) they just prefer to keep cards close to their chest; even people were worried post-E3 about Nintendo not having a 2019 and now there's Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon in 2019, to say nothing about if Bayo 3 and MP4 will continue. This just holds more so for mobile, which is a different market than the Switch and having a contiguous initial announcement to release makes sense so when the app is released when people still remember its a thing. I guess what I'm saying, with current Nintendo, it's hard af to tell what no news means from them.

I  haven't forgotten about this game, regardless how anyone looks at Nintendo announcing game news it come like it usually does a month at most before its launch or days like they share no news on Nintendo Switch Online.

Plus when it comes to mobile game, they don't share that like they share their regular games. So I expect like short youtube vid and PR statement and that's about it.