Remember Outsider?

HeroofTime55

Hope this is alright, but I'm poking my head in old Nsider offshoots to see if I can't round up some old time Outsider members.  We had a few URL changes under varying circumstances, and people get lost along the way.

I don't recall what our first URL was, but it was some invisionfree nonsense or something run by Karel (who is, and always will be, forum)
Then we moved to gtfoutsider.com, run by Phydeaux.  That iteration blew up when we discovered he was a pedophile and registered sex offender, so he pulled the plug.
Fun Fact: Milo (the famous alt-right guy, yes) did a piece on the very same Phydeaux because the pedo is STILL going after little kiddies, very recently.  That was super funny to follow up on.  Think he went back to prison for it, lol.
Anyway, when he went off the deep end, we set up shop on kevinmara.com under Soup, converted one of his joke forums into the new Outsider, and that ran a good 8 years.  
At the end of that, a much more amicable transfer of ownership to myself, current domain is ootsid.com.  The database actually survived this time, so it's nice to keep 9 years of history and everything, as well as everyone's accounts.

You guys seem fairly active, and I'm not trying to recruit from here, but just trying to lay out a few beacons for any old Outsiders who might have gotten lost along the way with all the crazy domain transfers.  Hope that's alright.

-Hero

Was kinda part of Outsider until prior to when the original Nsider closed down in September 2007, though wasn’t that active and just lost touch after that. I asked some what became of it afterward but didn’t really hear much, so this is all news to me.

I definitely remember Phydeaux due to some of the youtube hilarity with other Nsiders at the time, but didn’t know he was a pedo. Shame. I guess when he pulled the plug on gtfoutsider was when I ended up losing touch with that community.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Well, you're welcome back if you want.  It's hardly the same, but you might see one or two familiar faces, who knows.

I should add, the database survived *despite the best efforts of GoDaddy* which forcibly moved the DB to a different physical server, without any fucking notice, and then dropped tables from the DB.  Took 10 hours of angry phone calls for them to dig the full DB off the old drive, and then I had to manually edit a few table entries directly to get it all back together again.  Was a super fun couple of days when that happened.

I have some oddly fond memories of Outsider drama from back in the day. I'm surprised all the data's been kept after all this time!

I almost want to take a look around, but I'm terrified of the dumb stuff I may have said then, haha!

EDIT

Just tried to log in. Got in on my first attempt. Yikes, my passwords a decade ago were just as terrifyingly awful as JSnake's. Also looks like I only made four posts on that account, and they're not showing up in search. Probably for the best.