Ninfora Creation Gallery

Oblivion

@Oblivion I like your sigs, their cool. My favorite is the second one from the top. A squirrel and a balloon! So cute! The color is nice too :kirby-happy:

@Lance's Dragonite I really liked your story, "The House Across the Street." I liked when you said that you could feel the weight of the people that used to live there in the house. Very interesting and I also liked the ending, didn't see that coming :)

37 minutes ago, Bandy Mear said:

I've been dabbling in pixel art recently :kirby-happy:

Nice!

I've been studying and practicing pixel art a lot this year! Here's a pretty good little tutorial series I found. It focuses mostly on making simple tilesets and small sprites before jumping to more complex sprites. Here's a tutorial by Derek Yu, the creator of Spelunky, that covers a lot of very important bases for doing pixel art. Hopefully those can be of some help, or at least mildly interesting.

1 hour ago, Bandy Mear said:

I've been dabbling in pixel art recently :kirby-happy:

That looks nice! I would highly recommend saving pixel art as PNG instead of JPEG, though. PNG is a lossless compression format (meaning it will be a sharper, cleaner looking image) and it works exceptionally well on images with large stretches of solid colours. PNG is amazing for things like cartoon-styled drawings and pixel art. PNG can simultaneously reduce file size and improve image quality when used properly.

2 hours ago, Bandy Mear said:

@Oblivion I like your sigs, their cool. My favorite is the second one from the top. A squirrel and a balloon! So cute! The color is nice too :kirby-happy:

thanks! that one was made for a contest that was actually being held over 3 different forums. the theme was actually "autumn colors" so i tried to get the colors just right

i like your pixel art. i like all the details you put in and i think you did a really good job with the shading

2 hours ago, subrosian said:

Nice!

I've been studying and practicing pixel art a lot this year! Here's a pretty good little tutorial series I found. It focuses mostly on making simple tilesets and small sprites before jumping to more complex sprites. Here's a tutorial by Derek Yu, the creator of Spelunky, that covers a lot of very important bases for doing pixel art. Hopefully those can be of some help, or at least mildly interesting.

Ohh! You have? Cool! You should post some stuff too! Those tutorials look good! Thanks :) I'll be sure to check them out, I need all the help I can get.

I first started by looking at perler bead patterns to get ideas about shapes and stuff. And now I'm trying on my own, it hasn't been easy but it is fun! :D

1 hour ago, Kodiack said:

That looks nice! I would highly recommend saving pixel art as PNG instead of JPEG, though. PNG is a lossless compression format (meaning it will be a sharper, cleaner looking image) and it works exceptionally well on images with large stretches of solid colours. PNG is amazing for things like cartoon-styled drawings and pixel art. PNG can simultaneously reduce file size and improve image quality when used properly.

:o I didn't know that! Thanks for the advice, I'm very very inexperienced at all this. I've only been submitting pixel art to pixel dailies challenge thingies on twitter. So usually when I finish pixeling something, I ask my friend to do his magic. He usually resizes it for me and saves it so that I can post it on twitter. I'm not sure what he saves it as! I'll double check and make sure its PNG though :)

It might be that its JPEG cause I took the picture off my twitter so that I can post it on here instead of getting it from the other computer :o I'm not sure! :shy:

48 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

thanks! that one was made for a contest that was actually being held over 3 different forums. the theme was actually "autumn colors" so i tried to get the colors just right

i like your pixel art. i like all the details you put in and i think you did a really good job with the shading

You definitely captured the autumn colors in that sig, its very orange and has an autumny feel :kirby-veryhappy:

Thanks, that one took me forever. I really wanted to do a good job on the colors and shading cause when I looked that game up, it seemed super colorful and cute :D

11 minutes ago, Bandy Mear said:

It might be that its JPEG cause I took the picture off my twitter so that I can post it on here instead of getting it from the other computer :o I'm not sure! :shy:

That may be it as well. Facebook, Twitter, and several other social media sites will take perfectly good PNG files and convert them to JPEG. I get really frustrated when I have a beautiful, sharp PNG, then upload it only to see it riddled with compression artifacts. The most frustrating thing is when I upload a PNG, then it gets compressed but winds up with a larger file size.

It'd be neat to have a library or something that tries to use PNG if it gives a file size that's comparable to or lower than JPEG, but falls back to JPEG if the compression will save a lot on storage/bandwidth. Many web developers in general just choose JPEG for any and all static images, which is a rather poor choice. The alternatives are certainly more complicated, but they would make for a nicer-looking web if used.

But now I'm just rambling, so I apologise. theydonothing;

When you fetch the original image, feel free to upload that directly to Ninfora itself. Every member has 128 MB of storage here now, and images stored on Ninfora are not compressed.

7 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

That may be it as well. Facebook, Twitter, and several other social media sites will take perfectly good PNG files and convert them to JPEG. I get really frustrated when I have a beautiful, sharp PNG, then upload it only to see it riddled with compression artifacts. The most frustrating thing is when I upload a PNG, then it gets compressed but winds up with a larger file size.

It'd be neat to have a library or something that tries to use PNG if it gives a file size that's comparable to or lower than JPEG, but falls back to JPEG if the compression will save a lot on storage/bandwidth. Many web developers in general just choose JPEG for any and all static images, which is a rather poor choice. The alternatives are certainly more complicated, but they would make for a nicer-looking web if used.

But now I'm just rambling, so I apologise. theydonothing;

When you fetch the original image, feel free to upload that directly to Ninfora itself. Every member has 128 MB of storage here now, and images stored on Ninfora are not compressed.

Don't apologize, you taught me something new! :kirby-kitten:

Next time I go on my other computer, I'll be sure to upload the good PNG image :)

Geez, I've been kind of slacking in the art department lately. But I did recently do a "Giant" "16Bit" Pixel art of X from Mega Man X, to use as a background in my own mock weapon system demonstrations... Boy, I must sound like an idiot. theydonothing; Just here it is.

Spoiler

Weapon%20Systems%20copy_zps6qdnwati.png

Keep in mind this is suppose to fill the entire screen, and be used as a background. So even though it appears fairly hi-res cause it's so small here, it is a Super NES era sprite. I made sure to stay within the color limitations and what not.

I also made a picture of Ness a few, a couple...several months ago for a member of NS2 who was looking for some original artwork for their Earthbound card game. I was happy to contribute, and they seem to really like it.

Spoiler

ness_card_artwork_by_marxforever-da14bu5

Edited by Marxforever
1 hour ago, Lance's Dragonite said:

You guys, been having some dang writer's block lately. What do you guys do to try to get past it? I've tried distracting myself and doing other stuff as well with no luck.

I had writer's block for the longest time and it really stopped me from writing stuff at all. Distancing myself from it never works for me. I usually have to be really inspired to get past it.

Sometimes, I'll just go to Barnes & Nobles and look around at what's popular. I'll skim through books and just shake my head thinking 'Dammit Bandy, if they can write this and finish it then you can go home and finish writing your story too!' That usually puts me in a writing mood so that when I do go home, I can just sit at my desk and start writing whatever flows out of my head :kirby-kitten:

Talking about writing with others really helps. Sometimes just having someone to help you come up with ideas or get you talking about your story can help you overcome writer's block. :kirby-happy:

Also if I'm stuck at some part of the story and I don't know how to progress the plot, I'll just write around it. I'll write the things that I'm sure I want to happen. I'll write about other characters and situations and somehow it always ends up helping me figure out the rest of the story :kirby-happy:

That's the best advice I can give :shy:

6 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

Geez, I've been kind of slacking in the art department lately. But I did recently do a "Giant" "16Bit" Pixel art of X from Mega Man X, to use as a background in my own mock weapon system demonstrations... Boy, I must sound like an idiot. theydonothing; Just here it is.

Reveal hidden contents

Weapon%20Systems%20copy_zps6qdnwati.png

Keep in mind this is suppose to fill the entire screen, and be used as a background. So even though it appears fairly hi-res cause it's so small here, it is a Super NES era sprite. I made sure to stay within the color limitations and what not.

I also made a picture of Ness a few, a couple...several months ago for a member of NS2 who was looking for some original artwork for their Earthbound card game. I was happy to contribute, and they seem to really like it.

Reveal hidden contents

ness_card_artwork_by_marxforever-da14bu5

Wow! You're really good :kirby-surprised:

Your Mega Man is really nicely done! The colors, the shading, the detail! Its exquisite! :)

That Ness is so colorful and cute! Everything is so bright and feels full of life in the picture! :kirby-veryhappy:

Cool, an art thread. Get ready for a mega post! flower;

Here's a picture I drew last year for an Avatar: The Last Airbender art contest. Spoilers: I didn't win.

Spoiler

Steven_Bender.png

Here's @Tyranogre's Secret Santa gift last year:

Spoiler

tiki___ns2_secret_santa_2015_by_dekumonz

A picture of my one-eyed cat:

Spoiler

i_miss_you__by_dekumonz-d7yv230.png

A picture of my two-eyed cat:

Spoiler

frame4.png

Iwata

Spoiler

Iwata Small.png

An Inkling girl! I messed up really bad on the anatomy though...

Spoiler

totally_inkin__dude__by_dekumonz-d84z51e

Here's a sketch I did a few days ago just for fun.

Spoiler

Alien Girl.png

Finally, here's a naked giantess gif. :lol: 

Ignore the watermark.

Spoiler

002.gif