The Boneyard - N4A Chat Thread, October 2018

Chrom

21 minutes ago, fuzz said:

I loved Valkyria Chronicles, but that chapter with the tanks, 7 I think, was the furthest I got because I was never able to beat it. Would love to give it another try!

The one where Severia joins the battle? That's probably one of the hardest maps. The tank is manageable, but Severia can destroy anyone that's facing her general direction. Blocking her advance is the single most important thing. 

I don't like scary movies.

Not because I'm squeamish or anything, but because they're all the same. If a guy in a spooky mask suddenly jumps out of a cupboard and goes "abloogy-woogy-woo", it startles you, sure, but you're not actually scared of the guy in the spooky mask; it's just a natural reaction that your brain has to unexpected loud noises or unpleasant sights.

Plus, if you go in to see a movie that's explicitly labeled as a "horror movie", then you're already expecting it to be scary. I find it much more effective to sneak scary scenes into cutesy Disney movies where the audience isn't expecting anything scary.

Observe:

I'm conflicted about the situation at Rockstar.

On one hand, if we boycott Red Dead Redemption 2 out of protest against the employees' terrible working conditions, then Rockstar will lose money, and therefore those very same employees will lose their jobs.

But if we buy the game out of appreciation for their hard work, then Rockstar will know that they can get away with forcing their employees to work 100 hours a week programming weather-sensitive horse testicles, because people will buy their game anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I'm conflicted about the situation at Rockstar.

On one hand, if we boycott Red Dead Redemption 2 out of protest against the employees' terrible working conditions, then Rockstar will lose money, and therefore those very same employees will lose their jobs.

But if we buy the game out of appreciation for their hard work, then Rockstar will know that they can get away with forcing their employees to work 100 hours a week programming weather-sensitive horse testicles, because people will buy their game anyway.

Yea sounds like a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

I'd probably wait on it and get it either used or on sale. Not a full boycott, but not paying full price either.

No worker deserves to work under such conditions (the ones you mentioned above).

22 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

You guys have a Secret Santa thing? What happens?

Yep.

An example from a couple of years ago: 

https://ninfora.com/forums/index.php?/topic/537-n4a-secret-santa-2016-sign-ups-closed/

It's pretty fun. Always nice to see what others get. :) 

We all get assigned different Tiny Tims, and we're the Secret Santas to them.

Edited by Doc Brown