Expectations for Metroid Prime 4

Ithrak Utopia

Release Year  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When will Metroid Prime 4 release?

• 2021 or later

With some fans speculating that Metroid Prime 4 will appear at the Game Awards, what are your expectations for the game when it is first shown and what are you hoping for from the final product? When do you think the game will release and does a later release date impact your expectations for Prime 4? 

I currently expect to see Metroid Prime 4 fill up that December release for 2019 as I expect Pokemon to be their big November release. Ideally, I would've wanted to see Metroid Prime 4 release around the anniversary of Prime 1, but I think December would be a good fit given the month has been used for big Switch titles already like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. If Prime 4 slips to 2020, the later in the year it releases the more I would want a multiplayer experience to be present. Multiplayer to me is the main reason why the game could end up in 2020, but I'm not really anticipating a full fledged multiplayer experience out of Metroid Prime 4. I would like to be wrong though and it is something I would like to see happen again in both a cooperative and competitive fashion.