Pokemon celebrates 20 years in North America on 9/30

EH_STEVE

16 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I love this part.....

You teach me, and I teach you. POKEMON!!!!

1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Arm in arm we'll when the fight, it's always been our dream. 

Honestly the best parts of the song. Such comradely.

Tho, the line with you teach me and I teach was confusing to me as a child. I was dumb grade 5 kid and couldn't wrap head of the double teach meaning, lol.

This thread is everything and more ^_^

Back in the day I still remember the hype for me building up thanks to Nintendo Power.  The coverage, the little mini issues that covered the game up to Cerulean City (or was it Vermillion? I still have them somewhere) and a VHS tape we got in all its corny 90s era glory.  Day of release my dad took bro and I get both versions of the game and the rest was history.  I was in 8th grade when the games came out and I still remember slowly but surely, after the holidays and going into the final half year of my middle school "career" everyone started having game boys and Pokemon of their own.  Every morning my best friend from first grade and I would head to the band room before classes started and just compare progress, trade or battle with a bunch of other people that had also taken to using the classroom as a meet and greet for the game.  When Pokemon GO first blew up and tons of people were playing it even those you never ever would have expected, it reminded me a lot of those days.