The Bowsette/Super Crown trend

Ridleyette's a thing too? Of course...

Spoiler

ridleyette_____peachly__reach__by_susa_roo-dcnsjo8.png

What's interesting is how official artists from other series caught wind of the whole Bowsette thing and drew and posted their take on it. Not to mention the cosplayers Bowsette already has, and the eventual ones there will be of the other ette's.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I feel like I watched the direct, went back to whatever dumb shit I was doing in Warcraft and looked back and Bowsette just wrecked the internet. Move over Ralph you ain't got nothing on Koopa Waifu apparently.  It's such a weird thing, I mean I guess it's not that surprising that what is essentially peach with huge boobs and a "naughty" demeanor would gain some traction, but like damn. If this keeps up this is going to be one of those weird things that manage to bleed into popular culture and then gets really weird as people who have no business talking about it start trying to find ways to get on the bandwagon. 

• Chrom featured this topic

If Super Mario Odyssey ended the way that initial Bowsette comic ended, then it would've been a better game to me personally as it just felt bad to end the game with a rejection scene after all the experiences the game offered prior. It would've been weird to see in a 3D Mario game, but there is already precedent in the Mario universe for Bowser to react to power-ups and even to other beings such as Cat Bowser in 3D World and Bowletta in Superstar Saga. If they don't want to alter Bowser's gender again, I think it would be interesting to have a Princess Bowsette in some sort of peril and be the princess that Bowser never wanted but the one Mario didn't know he wanted. That would be a nice basis for an arc in a Super Mario Odyssey 2 if the game gets a sequel. Regardless, I'm glad that Bowsette blew up on the internet and happy to see that Nintendo had thoughts about. I'm going to draw her again as a redhead.

I don’t mind either version of Bowsette, but have to admit the red hair seems more accurate than blond or Peach with horns.

On a somewhat similar note, there was also Odyssey concept art of Rosalina in casual clothing with a guitar... That idea better resurface too in an Odyssey 2 or something, glad as I am that she was even considered for the first one.

A942CA2C-F617-43DE-B6B0-BBAB62D0F94A.jpeg

Someone brought that Rosalina concept up in my Instagram feed, and I believe she would've fit in perfectly within New Donk City given the casual clothes and the guitar. Later on, she could've been playing with the New Donk band on the moon or something. Considering that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was pretty much Galaxy leftovers, I would like to see them take a stab at a Super Mario Odyssey 2 using some of these ideas they've left out. I kind of want to see if I can get the Odyssey Art book imported out of curiosity for what else might have been cut.

• 2 weeks later...