Ocarina of Time 3D/Wind Waker HD getting amiibo features?

Out of curiosity, I was browsing the pages for the new Zelda series amiibo that recently went up for pre-order on Best Buy this morning. For two of the amiibo items, namely the Ocarina of Time Link and Toon Link/Zelda 2-pack amiibo, they come with a description that indicates something I had never heard of before.

Unlock new features in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with this amiibo Link figure. The interactive design enhances your gaming experience, and the intricate artistic details make this piece a handsome addition to any action figure collection. Designed for use with Wii U GamePads and other Nintendo gaming platforms, this amiibo Link figure is a versatile gaming accessory.

Enhance your gaming experience with this amiibo The Legend of Zelda 2-pack. Each character connects with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker to add characters, special items and mysterious quests. With their adorable design, this The Legend of Zelda 2-pack makes a delightful addition to your gaming action figure collection.

This is...oddly specific? They blatantly say you can use these amiibo with the appropriate game (granted, 3D/HD isn't stated, but I wouldn't think they mean the original games), which isn't something that was announced by Nintendo. As of right now they're only known to have unique functionality in Breath of the Wild.

I compared these descriptions with the ones for other amiibo (including the 8-bit Link amiibo which doesn't specify a game) as well as these same amiibo at different retailer sites, but it's just these two amiibo at Best Buy that mention that they're allegedly compatible with Zelda games that currently do not support amiibo.

Thoughts on this? Could this be a mistake or an actual leak? Keep in mind that Animal Crossing: New Leaf is in fact getting amiibo support later this year despite being released many years ago, so this isn't necessarily impossible.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I could see them patching in compatibility, but I don't think it would be anything more than what TP:HD had; heart fills and arrow drops.

But the WW one specifically says it adds new characters, items, and quests. That would be really awesome if true, especially considering the Wii U's nonexistent lineup for the rest of the year.

The Wind Waker one definitely sounds too good to be true, but at the same time suspiciously specific compared to the Ocarina of Time one. Still, I can see how both would be a simple copywriting mistake, like if the writer knew amiibo are used to add little features like these so he just threw it in there for flavor text.

I'm mixed on all of this news, the WW description is way to good to be true and the OoT one sounds a bit plausible but what the heck do they mean by 'interactive design enhance your gaming experience?'

Are they saying you can scale OoT Link model in-game as mountain or something? How are we suppose to interpret that, something is off with that description more so plausible.

On the other hand, no matter how clear these descriptions, these can be possible via patch update. Well more so for WW then OoT, I know 3DS games can be patched but that game was essential a launch title for the 3DS way back in 2011 of June.