Baten Kaitos III could have happened

Kezay

Origins is a prequel to the first game but I'd recommend playing them in order of release: Eternal Wings, then Origins. I don't remember the plots of both games well enough to say exactly how much might be spoiled by playing the prequel first, but just in general it usually makes more sense to play/watch/read stories in the order that they're released.

I remember there being rumors of a Baten Kaitos III on the DS a long time ago. I guess that became Xenosaga I & II.

Not sure what to say for Baten Kaitos in this day and age. I don't think it would be worth the cost of porting these games over in HD, definitely with the pre-rendered backgrounds that would be challenge to bring over. And with how awkward the voicing and presentation is in these 60-hour games, it would be a difficult to sell a collection to modern consumers.

11 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

I remember there being rumors of a Baten Kaitos III on the DS a long time ago. I guess that became Xenosaga I & II.

Not sure what to say for Baten Kaitos in this day and age. I don't think it would be worth the cost of porting these games over in HD, definitely with the pre-rendered backgrounds that would be challenge to bring over. And with how awkward the voicing and presentation is in these 60-hour games, it would be a difficult to sell a collection to modern consumers.

True, it might be a bit of a hassle remastering the resources for those games, still it would be nice to see.  But the voice acting in Origins is actually pretty good and I don't mean for that time either.  It still holds up today.  It's Eternal Wings where the problem is where it was just bad, both the delivery and sound quality for most of the characters.  Really, of the main cast, the only characters whose voices didn't sound terrible was Savyna and to an extent Mizuti but that's a special case considering the way they did that character's voice.

Huh, I see what you mean about the delivery of the lines but that's not what's getting to me or the actors behind them, it's that sound quality.

Why is it everyone sound like speaking through plastic cup? I'm being that specific because that's exactly how it sounds like. It's funny what turns me off in video game VO is usually not the quality but when VO just have no clue how to sound more so than delivery. I can sort of forgive delivery but that sound quality tho?

I can even say the FFIV remake on DS that had VA has better quality and that was on a cart. That game has questionable sound quality (sounded like everybody was speaking out of cardboard box, don't quote me on that it's been a while but I think it is close to that) but at least everything else like talent and delivery were on point and really lend themselves to some iconic scenes in that game. It just put more gravity to the scene, if you know what I mean?

On 10/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, DLurkster said:

Huh, I see what you mean about the delivery of the lines but that's not what's getting to me or the actors behind them, it's that sound quality.

Why is it everyone sound like speaking through plastic cup? I'm being that specific because that's exactly how it sounds like. It's funny what turns me off in video game VO is usually not the quality but when VO just have no clue how to sound more so than delivery. I can sort of forgive delivery but that sound quality tho?

I can even say the FFIV remake on DS that had VA has better quality and that was on a cart. That game has questionable sound quality (sounded like everybody was speaking out of cardboard box, don't quote me on that it's been a while but I think it is close to that) but at least everything else like talent and delivery were on point and really lend themselves to some iconic scenes in that game. It just put more gravity to the scene, if you know what I mean?

I think it was mentioned in this thread before about the sound quality, but yet no idea what they did but it's rough in Eternal Wings with that sorta "tinny" can effect you're mentioning.  The delivery of the lines will certainly get to you in time, especially with Lyude.  Sucks too cause I really like his design, his attacks and his story...but my god his VA...