Blazblue: Central Fiction Special Edition coming to Switch

Laclipsey

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S HAPPENING. Blazblue: Central Fiction is coming to Switch. Though it's officially christened Blazblue: Central Fiction Special Edition, it's unclear what exactly sets it apart from the original release on PC and PS3/4. Perhaps this is something akin to the Extend editions of Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma, with extra stories, modes, and characters? Maybe Arc System Works will actually bring the English cast in to do the dub they infamously left out? They brought them in for Cross Tag Battle, so I'm hopeful that they'll see it as an investment worth making. At the very least I'm sure we can expect all of the DLC characters (Es, Mai, and Jubei) to be included. 

I have no idea if anyone here besides me even likes Blazblue, but since picking it up over this past year it's easily become one of my favorite fighting game series. Its accessible nature, high skill cap, crazy over-the-top characters, and bonkers impossible-to-follow storyline have endeared it to me in a way I can't really explain or justify. So the possibility of getting to play the final chapter of Blazblue with an English dub- no matter how slim- makes me positively giddy. Say it with me! CARNAGE SCISSORS!

9 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

I'm actually hoping for the chance this gets to be dubbed. I mean you managed to get some of the cast back to voice in Blazblue Cross Tag Battle you can bring them back to voice Central Fiction. I really hope Arc sys does this.

Aw man I hope it happens. I've held off on picking up Central Fiction, content with Chronophantasma for the time being. Now I'll wait a little longer to find out if they're making the dub. 

I imagine if it was just a straight port they wouldn't bother with the "Special Edition" addendum. It's interesting that they're not calling it Central Fiction Extend, so I wonder what kind of changes we can expect?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Could be patched in later right?

I mean, probably. But they don't seem to want to do it. They obviously know we want it, since they made a special mention of it on the Blazblue Facebook page. But it doesn't seem like they have any interest in making it happen despite being aware of the demand.  Why, though? This is their chance to make a definitive edition of the game, and the lack of an English cast was the one glaring issue with the original. I'm having serious second thoughts about this version of the game, since the dub was the one thing that would make me forego the active online community for the PS4 version. 

38 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

I mean, probably. But they don't seem to want to do it. They obviously know we want it, since they made a special mention of it on the Blazblue Facebook page. But it doesn't seem like they have any interest in making it happen despite being aware of the demand.  Why, though? This is their chance to make a definitive edition of the game, and the lack of an English cast was the one glaring issue with the original. I'm having serious second thoughts about this version of the game, since the dub was the one thing that would make me forego the active online community for the PS4 version. 

At least they have the foresight to add English subtitles for the dialogue right?

Oh and no mention of a US release yet for the record.

5 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

At least they have the foresight to add English subtitles for the dialogue right?

Oh and no mention of a US release yet for the record.

I suppose, but that's the bare minimum I expect when buying a game in English. Especially a game like Blazblue, whose story mode is 95% visual novel that benefited greatly from the excellent English cast. I know some folks prefer Japanese voiceovers, and I don't normally complain about not having an option. But at this point I've played all three games leading up to Central Fiction in English. Heck, Arc System Works sprung to get the English dub for Cross Tag Battle. Why is dubbing Central Fiction such an expensive undertaking? 

Sorry if I seem frustrated. I was really looking forward to a dub. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

At least it's coming to the US so that's a good thing... right?

I admire your positivity. :P At the end of the day you're right. Still, I'll probably end up foregoing the Switch release in favor of the PS4 original though. I'm a sucker for physical copies and there's a sweet physical edition with the soundtrack. And probably a more active online community.