21 years later Nintendo fans can finally continue beyond FFVI

Kezay

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I know, it's just that XBox didn't start getting Final Fantasy games until XIII, so this is also news for them.

True but it's not really the same context. XBOX wasn't the near exclusive home to the series for such a long time only for the flow on the main series to be cut off. And as you said it at least got FFXIII (actually, didnt they also get FFXI?) Not that it isn't big news for them too but the context I'm speaking of here is why I posted it in General Nintendo rather than the general videogame board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 3:42 AM, avalonknight said:

Looks like there is an explanation as to the possible reason why there hasn't been a new port of Final Fantasy VIII aside from the recent Steam PC version, and it had to do with the time period I completely forgot about. Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and the infamous movie was all developed at the same time, leaving VIII being essentially rushed, and most likely, not documented properly.

Yeah, I saw a couple videos trying to piece this issue out, and that one seemed the most likely, to me, as well.

I remember going to see that movie and just thinking it was the blandest thing ever, and I was only a kid with not very refined tastes. It would be a shame if some things actually did slip through the cracks in addition to the movie being a mess, as a result of the company multitasking like that.

It’s so interesting looking back now with all this information available in recent years that we used to not have. :)