Video Games Finished in 2016 - Nerfed Edition

Gold

Beat: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS) [November 16th]

Enjoyed this game lots. Apollo really came into his own stride with this installment. I also think it was a lot more consistent in quality compared to Dual Destinies, though the latter probably has better highs. It was nice to see some old faces too. Really curious to see where they'll take the series after this.

Handheld – 10
PC – 0
Mobile – 0
Overall – 12

List of Completed Games:

February 9th - Pokémon Platinum (DS)
March 15th - Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
July 3rd - Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Vita)
July 10th - Pokémon SoulSilver (DS)
July 10th - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)
August 17th - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita)
September 14th - Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS)
September 16th - The Legend of Zelda (3DS eShop)

October 5th - Chrono Cross (Vita)

October 26th - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii)

October 30th - Catherine (PS3)

November 16th - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)

• 2 weeks later...
Been a while since I updated. Guess I haven't been playing many new games the past couple of weeks.

- GrimGrimoire (PS2 - PS3)
Before playing I hadn't realized how different this is compared to Vanillaware's other games, but I still liked it a lot. It's also kind of a reminder why RTS games aren't common on consoles though, controls can be wonky.

- Axiom Verge (Wii U eShop)
It has its share of frustrating enemies but overall this is a really great Metroidvania.

- Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits (3DS)
Really disappointing that this game didn't fix any of the problems from the first game.

- Darksiders II (Wii U)
To be honest I remember this being better. Not that it's bad, it's still a really great action/adventure game, but I think the inconsistent frame rate, squirrely camera, and the difficulty of actually seeing what is happening during combat just bothered me more in this playthrough.

- 140 (Wii U eShop)
Really fun minimalist platformer but wow I didn't realize it was so short. Less than an hour of play time? Kind of disappointing.

Console - 83

Handheld - 46

PC - 2

Mobile - 3

Overall - 134

I just beat Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I think I can easily place this game in my top five games beaten this year. I only started playing a few days ago and I became hooked, playing it for like four hours at a time on average. I'm glad it's over so I can get my sleep schedule back on track. Seriously though, super fun game. That makes four Fire Emblem games I've beaten so far. Next up will be either Fire Emblem 7 or Shadow Dragon... or I may just play Ephraim's route in Sacred Stones. :coolkong:

Also, L'arachel is an adorable princess and I love her.

Deku: Games Beaten in 2016

Console – 9

Handheld – 9

PC – 3

Mobile – 0

Overall – 21

Castlevania

Super Mario Land

Fairune

Metroid: Zero Mission

Super Mario 64

Bravely Default

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

EarthBound

Star Fox Zero

NEKOPARA Vol. 1

Splatoon

Undertale

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Final Fantasy IX

Paper Mario

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Pokemon Y

Kirby: Planet Robobot

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Beat: Pokémon Moon (3DS) [December 13th]

Easily my favorite Pokémon generation to date. The Trials were really fun and a great way to change things around from Gym Leaders. Enjoyed most of the new Pokémon and seeing new forms of some of the Kanto ones, though I wish they would have given Alola forms to Pokémon from other generations too. The story was super good for a Pokémon game and I loved every character too. My only gripe is how dumb the SOS system is in endlessly calling new Pokémon and that fact that you can't catch Pokémon when another is called to help, but otherwise this game impressed me quite a bit.

p.s. snorlax so good and i'm glad i got to use it after being unable to find a munchlax in gen 4 at the beginning of this year

Handheld – 11
PC – 0
Mobile – 0
Overall – 13

List of Completed Games:

December 13th - Pokémon Moon (3DS)

- Pokémon Moon (3DS)

Really nice to see some big changes for Pokémon, especially the lack of HMs! No more HM slaves! Be free, Pokémon! Well not too free, I'm still gonna capture you in Pokéballs.

- Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (PSN - PS4)

Twin stick shooter that weirdly bounces between super easy levels and super hard levels, mostly because explosives are super deadly. It feels like they could have made this into a decent arcade-ish game but it's pretty dull as is.

- Color Guardians (PSN - PS4)

Rather than a rhythm-based running game like Bit.Trip Runner this is sort of a color-based running game. Kind of novel, but probably not worth the few hours I spent to play through it.

- Stories: Path of Destinies (PSN - PS4)

Choose your own adventure book in video game form. Clever, but not interesting enough for me to play through all twenty five possible endings.

- Invisible Inc. (PSN - PS4)

The game's a little confusing at first especially because they give you such a serious warning that the game is tough as nails, but once you get going it's a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of procedurally generated maps though, it lead to some very difficult and very easy levels.

Console - 87

Handheld - 47

PC - 2

Mobile - 3

Overall - 139

• 4 weeks later...

I Will wait a few days before finalizing results in case anyone wants to resubmit lost stuff, but between the move from NS2 to N4A and the rollback, VGF2016 is a clusterfuck.

I beat nothing in October, ect, ect.

09.26: J-STARS Victory VS+ (Vita)

11.02: Shiplord (PC)

11.11: Dungeon Defenders (PC)

11.17: Bioshock 2 Remastered (PC)

11.19: Nitroplus Blasterz - Heroines Infinite Duel (PS3)

11.25: Epic Cards Battle [TCG] (PC)

11.27: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (PC)

12.07: Pokémon Moon (3DS)

12.11: Blameless (PC)

12.11: Price (PC)

12.11: Winning Putt - Golf Online (PC)

12.24: ATOM GRRRL!! (PC)

12.31: Epic Battle Fantasy 3 (PC)

12.31: Disturbed (PC)

Handheld – 18
PC – 95
Mobile – 4
Overall – 132

926%20jsvv_zps6t1nwt4z.jpgX8sIliu.pngJETTo1h.png

117%20bs2r_zpsydrguykm.png

1119%20nbhid_zps2gd3tuso.jpg

1125%20ecb_zpsbsztnayu.png

1127tqae_zpsstcxt7j0.png

127%20pm_zps6a1ilavm.jpg

1211%20B_zpspgv85rbo.png

1211%20p_zpsvwsfiwci.png

1211%20wpgo_zpstmmuidcq.png

1224%20ag_zps44nok1n3.png

1231%20ebf3_zpsgm1dr5fq.png

1231%20d_zpsflusyvd2.png

Edited by Gold

XLW 

Battleborn, Xenoverse 2, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Fire Emblem Conquest, Fire Emblem Birthright, Fire Emblem Revelations, Stardew Valley, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Star Fox 0, Dragon Ball Fusion, Brave Frontier, and Pokémon Moon.

Handheld – 9
PC – 1
Mobile – 1
Overall –  14 

Dragon Ball Fusion (3DS)- One of the most interesting Dragon Ball games of all time. It could have been better with the difficulty and gameplay... Oh well! 

On 11/16/2016 at 6:41 PM, Fire said:

Beat: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS) [November 16th]

Enjoyed this game lots. Apollo really came into his own stride with this installment. I also think it was a lot more consistent in quality compared to Dual Destinies, though the latter probably has better highs. It was nice to see some old faces too. Really curious to see where they'll take the series after this.

Handheld – 10
PC – 0
Mobile – 0
Overall – 12

List of Completed Games:

I thought it was... average, or whatever. 

Athena's there for whatever plot convince there is for her, and she's not really important to the story like DD, some of the revamped songs were... eh (Some of the objection songs felt robbed; it sounds like Athena took parts of Apollo's instrumentation, and vice-versa this time around, and it robbed what made those songs good in DD.) Also, all of the old game mechanics are robbed of appearances, thanks to the new Divination Seances. Hopefully, with Apollo gone, and possibly Khura'in just being a one trick pony in the main series, it means the Mood Matrix and the Magatama have more importance in later games. And, it feels a little bit shorter for some reason, and for a visual novel... that's odd. Not only that, but maybe there could have been more cases in LA and Khua'in. Give more danger and lore to Khura'in. We only got like 3 cases there, I wanted maybe twice as much! Maybe I'm the only one who wanted more. I still think it's a great addition to the series, though the impact is not as strong as I thought it could have been.

Never updated here since the post rollback so here were my final games beaten

1/12: Shantae (3DS)
1/15: Shantae: Risky's Revenge (3DS)
1/22: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) 
3/2: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS)
3/16: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
6/17: Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations (3DS) 
11/7: World of Warcraft: Legion (PC) 
12/29: Pokemon Sun (3DS)

12/31: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4) 

Edited by Igneous42
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it still possible to access the nsider2 thread for this? my backlog needs major updating and I need to see what games I beat in 2016. I didn't beat much the 2nd half of the year, but I think I updated this more recently than I did the backlog in terms of game beat.

Any help would be great. And I'm back, lol.

12 minutes ago, XCWarrior said:

Is it still possible to access the nsider2 thread for this? my backlog needs major updating and I need to see what games I beat in 2016. I didn't beat much the 2nd half of the year, but I think I updated this more recently than I did the backlog in terms of game beat.

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?/topic/608875-video-games-finished-in-2016/&page=1

9 hours ago, XCWarrior said:

HE LIVES!