Japan Direct: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Cloud Edition!?

Kezay

So yeah, it's not the first time we've seen different games show up during another region's Direct and particularly with Japan on certain titles like Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud Edition, for instance.  In addition, while I don't think it was demonstrated via a Direct, they also got Resident Evil 7 Cloud Edition as well.  This time around, it's a bit of an odd choice since this game specifically comes from a western developer and is a game that has yet to release (comes out next month).  Switch will also play host to a cloud edition of Assassin's Creed Odyssey in Japan. Kinda hoping these cloud editions make their way westward at some point as I'd love to play RE7 as well.  I'd also say PSO 2 but Sega seems completely content on just not ever localizing another PSO game again.

Huh, I guess it's that positive Nintendo-Ubisoft relationship still going strong to bring a game like Assassin's Creed Odyssey to the Switch, even via cloud streaming. I wonder how profitable Resident Evil 7 Cloud Edition has been and how much further they're going to go with this streaming service.

I don't know how one streaming game from another developer, begets another to do the same from another country, weird but cool.

Only thing I can think of is that the releases of these cloud services aren't far each other. I think it's been in the work for cloud version of Assassins' Creed Odyssey and probably just nailed down right before a direct was announced this month. Capcom just had a head start. 

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I don't know how one streaming game from another developer, begets another to do the same from another country, weird but cool.

Only thing I can think of is that the releases of these cloud services aren't far each other. I think it's been in the work for cloud version of Assassins' Creed Odyssey and probably just nailed down right before a direct was announced this month. Capcom just had a head start. 

Considering Nintendo and  Ubisoft have had a growing relationship for a while now I'd certainly chalk it up to that.  It's just that the surprising thing is an upcoming high profile game from them was just sort of shadow dropped as being available soon as a streaming title.  Capcom wasn't even the first with RE7 though even that was a surprising announcement when it came because it was like...whoa...wait...RE7!?

7 hours ago, Kezay said:

Considering Nintendo and  Ubisoft have had a growing relationship for a while now I'd certainly chalk it up to that.  It's just that the surprising thing is an upcoming high profile game from them was just sort of shadow dropped as being available soon as a streaming title.  Capcom wasn't even the first with RE7 though even that was a surprising announcement when it came because it was like...whoa...wait...RE7!?

Oh yeah your right Capcom wasn't the first cloud streaming compnay, you mentioned it in the OP, SEGA with PSO. Regardless like you said it is very surprising to see sign of this coming to Nintendo. And that's the the we may not big getting AC from Ubisoft but Nintendo is getting great support from.

Also, it must be mentioned that with publishers on board for cloud gaming on the Switch Japan, it must be very viable if we're seeing this option coming up more and more. This can only be chalked up to the size of the country and internet bandwidth over there. I just can't that has option over here in NA, outside areas on this continent that have slow speed, the rest may have average internet speed or above average. With so much to factor I can see how cloud gamin even with sever here can headache. From Japan perspective (which Nintendo's priority) they are not even thinking of cloud gaming here in NA. It's funny to think Nintendo is possible thinking that is the reason for no cloud gaming in NA because of how their paid online for Switch leave much more to desire to most right now, despite the price.

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Oh yeah your right Capcom wasn't the first cloud streaming compnay, you mentioned it in the OP, SEGA with PSO. Regardless like you said it is very surprising to see sign of this coming to Nintendo. And that's the the we may not big getting AC from Ubisoft but Nintendo is getting great support from.

Also, it must be mentioned that with publishers on board for cloud gaming on the Switch Japan, it must be very viable if we're seeing this option coming up more and more. This can only be chalked up to the size of the country and internet bandwidth over there. I just can't that has option over here in NA, outside areas on this continent that have slow speed, the rest may have average internet speed or above average. With so much to factor I can see how cloud gamin even with sever here can headache. From Japan perspective (which Nintendo's priority) they are not even thinking of cloud gaming here in NA. It's funny to think Nintendo is possible thinking that is the reason for no cloud gaming in NA because of how their paid online for Switch leave much more to desire to most right now, despite the price.

Yep. The infrastructure is just crap in some parts of the country. Comes down to ISP's not caring to upgrade it.

Had Playstation Now before and it ran ok on my end, but it did run into some connection issues. And that's via the same room as the router and with a decent speed.