Switch firmware 6.0.0 releasing 9/18 - Removes ability to unlink a Nintendo Account

We don't know the full details of the 6.0.0 update, but data-miners have found it's mostly just stuff for the NSO service launching that same day.  However, Nintendo has already stated that the ability to unlink a Nintendo Account will be removed in the 6.0.0 update...

Not sure why they are removing the ability to unlink a Nintendo Account, but maybe it's a security thing? Makes me wonder if you'll be required to have at least one Nintendo Account linked to a user profile from 6.0.0 on...?

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Switch firmware 6.0.0 releasing 9/18 - Removes ability to unlink a Nintendo Account

Yeah, Nintendo is doing the PR thing to explain why you must check the right Nintendo account linked because this is something that should of looked into befoer the paid online came one. Like Splatoon 2 and everything being saved locally.

I'll allow this lapse in judgement but Splatoon 2 and cloud saves is just inexcusable they won't fix.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, Nintendo is doing the PR thing to explain why you must check the right Nintendo account linked because this is something that should of looked into befoer the paid online came one. Like Splatoon 2 and everything being saved locally.

I'll allow this lapse in judgement but Splatoon 2 and cloud saves is just inexcusable they won't fix.

I think the deal with Splatoon 2 and no cloud saves is do to stoping hackers. Like you mentioned, everything is save locally, which makes it easier to be hacked. To fix this they'd probably have to rework the entire game, which would be very time consuming and be a pretty big update to have players be required to download.