Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

If true, crossing my fingers for at least R/B/Y to show up and announced on the 27th - i don't know if those will release and shadow drop that day or not, though

Maybe they'll shadow drop Pokemon Stadium 1 the same Day if they do become available that day?

There's a a small plausible chance it could happen, but i probably shouldn't get my expectations too high since i'll probably end up disappointed - but it's a plausible thought anyway

Especially since it's hard to predict what Nintendo/Game Freak will end up doing for any Direct/Presentation after all

Like I want it to be true...but the evidence seems so circumstantial that I don't want to post it....

It would make too much sense though...

And then you have the tie ins with Pokémon Stadiums 1 and 2...

But weren't there a few more games that used this feature?  I recall off the top of my head the Game Boy Camera working with PD64...  not sure on other GB games with N64 games though...

Did Pokemon Stadium include any good teams to use? I still lose sleep over Pokemon Battle Revolution being practically unplayable without linking to the DS games... which still required hours of commitment to breed and train one competitive Pokemon. At least Game Freak finally realized after 20 years that this gatekeeping does nothing good for anyone.

https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-stadium-best-rental/ 

Moveset wise I prefer the rental Kadabra to the Alakazam, but otherwise a solid list of the best rentals from what I remember. There may also be some other hidden rental gems not listed.

Reminder too that if you unlock R2 difficulty, there’ll be a rental Mew and Celebi; the latter only in Stadium 2 of course, but still a nice bonus.

4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Did Pokemon Stadium include any good teams to use? I still lose sleep over Pokemon Battle Revolution being practically unplayable without linking to the DS games... which still required hours of commitment to breed and train one competitive Pokemon. At least Game Freak finally realized after 20 years that this gatekeeping does nothing good for anyone.

I forgot about that gatekeeping for PBR but I love that game and how you can customize your player character.

Oh man, the memories of good times I had with PBR.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, Ridley Prime said:

https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-stadium-best-rental/ 

Moveset wise I prefer the rental Kadabra to the Alakazam, but otherwise a solid list of the best rentals from what I remember. There may also be some other hidden rental gems not listed.

Reminder too that if you unlock R2 difficulty, there’ll be a rental Mew and Celebi; the latter only in Stadium 2 of course, but still a nice bonus.

Ooh, cool! Great to see it's not the unplayable garbage of PBR, whose only fully-evolved rental Pokemon were the likes of Beautifly and Dustox.

So I finally got a around to playing the GB and GBA games on NSO, yesterday.

I am enjoying the GB games more than I thought. Like, yeah tho they are a part of the NES and SNES, I don't play the NES game too tough so I thought it would be like that with the GB games, nope.

Of course I adore the GBA game. I actually like a kid again playing those especially when I play with the classic look, I did the same with the GB games too. It's so authentic to me, I almost cannot play any other way.

So good times, good times.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Oh hey - Kirby’s Dreamland 2 is going to be available 

Really good game, too

I have the original copy, but only got 99% complete years ago

There was this 1% i could never figure out what i was missing…

still not sure to this day, honestly 

Hey, I've heard of one of those games!

I remember being stuck at 99% on Nightmare in Dreamland (Kirby's Adventure NES, remade for GBA) for so long. I was missing a secret door in that sunset pirate ship level in world 3, which I think was under a mast. There wasn't much of a visual indicator that it was a doorway. I haven't played Kirby's Dreamland 2, but as another old Kirby game, maybe it's the same issue.

26 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Kirby's Dream Land 2!!! kvhappy;  My Fav. GB game!

fbeae987c11afbd065194e6c2dc039e3.gif

Interesting that we didn't get any of the GB games that we shown to becoming in the last Direct. :v

I noticed that too.

Is this the first time, when it comes to Nintendo games that we got a game we knew were coming but got another game we didn't know was coming as the next release?

Also, where's the N64 games? I thought near the end of January we weren't getting any but then we got 007 Goldeneye. No N64 games in February too (maybe because we got new game platforms that month)

We are more than half way thru March and no N64 games. Outside of the PKMN Stadium games, what other 64 games are coming again?

It will almost be 2 months with a N64, breaking last year month without one back in Dec 2022 with no N64 game that month either.

21 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Oh hey - Kirby’s Dreamland 2 is going to be available 

Really good game, too

I have the original copy, but only got 99% complete years ago

There was this 1% i could never figure out what i was missing…

still not sure to this day, honestly 

I remember finding the male and female blobs counted, but they were random encounters.

1 hour ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I remember finding the male and female blobs counted, but they were random encounters.

Think i've encountered the male one, but not the female one... so there's a high chance that could've been it.... i don't think it was the true ending i was missing?

but it's been so many years, i don't remember at all

According to my backloggery, got all the dream shards so i don't think that's it at all at least

Interesting look back on NSO so far.

Also, as of this video, he total number of games on the service. Was curious how there is, that said I do have to agree the service is worth from a content point of view and not a service.

There's still some thing I and most would like to see added or improved on. Got some way to go, Nintendo but not bad, Nintendo not bad.... for now, lol.