Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

8 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Well that was quite fun @DLurkster & @purple_beard. Didn't know Wave Race was just 2 players so for those wondering, we did swap places once before switching over to Mario Golf 64. We learned as we played through 9 holes before finding out it was an 18 hole game. We stopped on Hole 10 to continue later.

Look back at the menu...pretty sure it offered front 9, back nine, or full 18.  The games wasn't bad but I think I needed a run back through the manual for controls. 

Pokken Tournament DX is available for free! Again...?

Last time I got really good with Croagunk, because its complexity seems to be more in strategy than inputs. I don't have the time nor the patience to memorize the controls of any traditional fighting game... but the moves I did learn have all come back to me quickly after some practice!

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Interesting…

SNES icons when?

Kind of disappointing there's no backgrounds or even frames with these icons.  Maybe backgrounds would make it hard to see the icons without some kind of out drop shadow or outline...? Still, they have should at least had some frames.

Edited by alienboyva

I suppose. Rental Pokemon are passable at least until you unlock R2 mode difficulty, and in the Gym Leader Castle when you get to the Elite 4 on R2, Lance will just Hyper Beam your rentals to death with any Pokemon of his. The different Stadium cups on R2 didn't really feel doable with rentals either, though am sure it's possible with a lot of luck.

I think I'll be upgrading my NSO plan soon. I cannot remember the number of N64 titles I wanted to see on the service before upgrading, but I think it might have been 20. The service will hit that number very soon, and I'm looking forward to playing a few of these games again and most for the first time. The Mario Party and Pokemon Stadium games interest me the most in the recently announced wave to come through 2023. I remember when I was younger really wanting Pokemon Stadium 2, but my family wouldn't get the game for me, so soon I'll be able to play that even if it's not in an ideal way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to secure two of the N64 Controllers from the Nintendo Store. Just in time for the next year of N64 Online releases, too like Pokemon Stadium 1&2 and Mario Party 1-3. Thank God I didn't have to pay a scalper 2-3 times retail value.

Now I can feel more comfortable playing the classics again with actual C-Buttons as opposed to the R-Stick on the Pro Controller and Dual Joy-Cons.

2 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I finally managed to secure two of the N64 Controllers from the Nintendo Store. Just in time for the next year of N64 Online releases, too like Pokemon Stadium 1&2 and Mario Party 1-3. Thank God I didn't have to pay a scalper 2-3 times retail value.

Now I can feel more comfortable playing the classics again with actual C-Buttons as opposed to the R-Stick on the Pro Controller and Dual Joy-Cons.

How many souls did it cost you to get them?