Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

I've heard rumors that Genesis games maybe launching this week.

I haven't heard of these, then again I never grew up with a Sega Genesis had friends so I obviously heard of it but they never had a lot of games I knew just some and the popular titles. Most that I knew not only owned Genesis also owned SNES and they just had more SNES than Genesis game as well. Tho, I have to wonder outside me not knowing these game are we in the weeds of games no one heard of on the Genesis or is it to pricey to shell out for more well know titles?

I forgot if the rumor said this Friday but they say March update in the vid above but no date, did they do that for the last update in December as well? Weird?

23 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I've heard rumors that Genesis games maybe launching this week.

I haven't heard of these, then again I never grew up with a Sega Genesis had friends so I obviously heard of it but they never had a lot of games I knew just some and the popular titles. Most that I knew not only owned Genesis also owned SNES and they just had more SNES than Genesis game as well. Tho, I have to wonder outside me not knowing these game are we in the weeds of games no one heard of on the Genesis or is it to pricey to shell out for more well know titles?

I forgot if the rumor said this Friday but they say March update in the vid above but no date, did they do that for the last update in December as well? Weird?

I did ____ instead of Shining Force on WiiVC and just never got to Shining Force.... looks close to the same kind of game.  Darn name escapes me... it was isometric view and a Zelda-esque action RPG.  Don't have time to look up the title.  I've played Fantasy Zone on WiiVC ...and I believe the SNES version too....not the Genesis version.  Its a cool SHUMP with a different kind of style to it versus the normal ones.

Oh, I love Shining Force and I heard of Fantasy Zone again those are big titles on the Genesis, these titles are like when the SNES were getting some obscure titles. Funny thing is tho, ppl never heard of the titles much less play them. I heard of them but never played them. These Genesis's title never never heard of them as I said I never grew up with a Genesis.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Earthworm Jim 2. Though, kind of odd we got the second one and not the first. Maybe there's a rights issue with the first one?..IDK! Still waiting for Sim City (not sure if this will ever come with  EA shutting down Maxixs, even though Nintendo developed the SNES version) and Super Mario RPG.

Also, odd to see Dig Dug II, and Mappy Land since I don't think we have the first Dig Dug or Mappy on NSO (Correct me if I'm wrong). So, they just gave us all sequels without having the original versions? y;

BTW, JPN got Harvest Moon... kcry;

Edited by alienboyva

I picked up a used copy of Dig Dug II ( and I believe I also got it on a collection or WiiVC too) ... its not a bad game....but after lots of time with the original Dig Dug.... the mechancis of this one take a mental break from the strategy of the first game.  Its not bad though.... just different strategy.

New Element Icon for NSO members!

AC characters b-days in April are available and Splatoon 2 Icons as well.

I think I have Splatoon apparel everywhere I go and look in and out my house so these icon, tho cool is nothing new or interesting I want to get....maybe have to see down the road if I will grab some.

Also, these Element Icon co-exist with small firmware update.....

That allows you to show you notifications when your platinum coins will expire.

New element icons for Kirby and the Forgotten Land are available to claim as of today thru missions & rewards on NSO membership page.

There's some pretty sweet looking ones!

-------

Also......

On 3/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, DLurkster said:

@TKrazyO: My bad, I don't why I thought that or that game came to mind in place of Mario Golf. That is one of the last 3.

I called it!

• 2 weeks later...