Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

Just now, purple_beard said:

Hotmail.   And I have completed all the email verification stuff.... I can even sign in online.  And my current NID works fine with that email.

Dang that sucks. I'm using a Hotmail one on mine as well. Have you tried via a gmail one?

20 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

IDK, its a bunch of bullshit....  did a password reset then apparently my new password isn't right either and I can't sign in.  I'm kind of done with it now... maybe my caring will increase in a few days.

Wow that sucks. Have you tried contacting Nintendo about it to see if it may be a hiccup on their end?

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

IDK, its a bunch of bullshit....  did a password reset then apparently my new password isn't right either and I can't sign in.  I'm kind of done with it now... maybe my caring will increase in a few days.

You can do what Doc said but this happened to me before, just do as you said to try it a few days. That's what I did when you know you did everything right and something is not right.

*Shakes head slowly*

About fucking time, I may not think much of cloud save but not having a definitive answer on the lapse period on cloud saves is idiotic. How do you not have clear answer when this service launched?!? You can't keep ppl waiting on saves files when that is very important aspect in gaming. Saves are important to me but as I mention, I'm whatever with cloud saves and I understand their function but I'm very caution with my saves throughout my gens of consoles but there's excuse here with Switch as this is hybrid console more susceptible to saves destruction no matter how old you are. So I do not understand why they thought this is something they think they didn't need answer for this from the get go is beyond me.

Glad, this is put to worse to those who were really worried about, I feel it may be to late those who were turn off by Nintendo offers of paid online but for those who are on the fence this may turn the tide. Time will tell on tha.

12 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by two per system? Two games per month?

PS Plus gives users 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games, and 2 PS Vita games every month. It's $60 for a year's subscription but there have been some high profile AAA games given away through the service, and occasionally even brand new games that premiere on PS Plus.

4 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

PS Plus gives users 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games, and 2 PS Vita games every month. It's $60 for a year's subscription but there have been some high profile AAA games given away through the service, and occasionally even brand new games that premiere on PS Plus.

Right, thanks.

A much better deal than 2 NES games, to be sure. :( 

Looks we have an idea of what we can expect for these "special" versions of NES games...

So, it's basically easy (casual) mode? o_O' 

If they're going to make changes to NES games with these "special" versions, then why not add the better sound that some games had on the Famicom? ...Better yet, just add Famicom sound as an option to the original versions of the NES games.

Edited by alienboyva
10 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Looks we have an idea of what we can expect for these "special" versions of NES games...

So, it's basically easy (casual) mode? o_O' 

If they're going to make changes to NES games with these "special" versions, then why not add the better sound that some games had on the Famicom? ...Better yet, just add Famicom sound as an option to the original versions of the NES games.

Kind of weird  ....  interesting ....kind of easy mode up to a point.

But, apparently they are looking at releasing other SP games and he does mention Dr. Mario.

Yeah, we're also supposed to get special versions for...

• Double Dragon
  • Gradius 
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Dr. Mario 
  • Metroid
  • Super Mario Bros.

For these special versions I'd love to see something like the eReader crads for SMA4:SMB3 on GBA and/or them remix things like with Zelda Randomizer, for example. If they're just going to do easy (casual) mode with these and not add any new content, then I rather them not even bother with these special versions.

The Legand of Zelda (SP) is a huge disappointment and something I will never touch. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found out why they have that stupid app.

"Nintendo's approach is to do things differently. We have a much different suite of experiences than our competitors offer, and we do that in a different way.

“This creates a sort of yin and yang for our consumers. They’re excited about cloud saves and legacy content but wish we might deliver voice chat a different way, for example.

"What we see is a situation where we know that Nintendo Switch is being played in the open, at a park, on a metro bus.

“We believe the easiest way for you to connect and have a peer-to-peer experience with voice chat is with your mobile phone. It’s always there, it’s always with you."

Source:   https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1028255/Nintendo-Switch-Online-games-why-mobile-app

So full of crap. 

A) Not everyone uses their phone in that manner.

B) Not everyone's phone is large enough for it (so it's very impractical).

C) It's too bad that there isn't a Switch option for anyone who isn't able to have it on their phone. That way they can keep the app around for those who want to use it and the other option for those who don't have the space for it.

On a side note, for anyone who has the app... is it able to be transferred from a smartphone to an SD card similar to Pokemon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes? Just wondering, given its size app wise and my limited space.

Edited by Doc Brown