Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

19 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Its like I do and don't want them.....  I honestly haven't even really played many of the games past launch week of the service.

I have the NES controllers and they're great. Though, the only downside is that they have to be charged via the Switch like Joy-Con.

I would say get these to use them with other games (mainly 2D games), but since they've released the SNES controller, I'd say get that instead, since it will work with more 2D games do to having more buttons (Y, X, L, R, + ZL, ZR). So, it all comes down to how often you play the NES games or games that only require only a D-pad and B, A buttons. Still, $30 for 2 isn't half bad, regardless if you want them to use or just for collecting purposes. 

Edited by alienboyva

Does anyone who uses the prepaid cards to renew switch online memberships have troubles reading the codes if you scratch the silver area too hard? 

I guess I scratched the silver area hard enough to where there’s parts of the code I can’t read. Even though I think I can make the scratched parts out, there’s still letters or numbers that I can’t tell are suppose to be a letter or a number. 

I’ve gotten that error code that tells you you’ve entered a wrong code so many times that you get locked out for a a short time about four times now. This is so stupid.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, The Albraskan said:

Does anyone who uses the prepaid cards to renew switch online memberships have troubles reading the codes if you scratch the silver area too hard? 

I guess I scratched the silver area hard enough to where there’s parts of the code I can’t read. Even though I think I can make the scratched parts out, there’s still letters or numbers that I can’t tell are suppose to be a letter or a number. 

I’ve gotten that error code that tells you you’ve entered a wrong code so many times that you get locked out for a a short time about four times now. This is so stupid.

I remember this happening to me with a Wii points card. Luckily, they only used numbers back then and there was only 2 numbers I couldn't make out, so I was able to keep trying until I got it. This is why I always scratch as lightly as possible. 

I really hope you're able to redeem your NSO membership card. If there's now way, maybe you can try contacting NOA's customer support. One of the numbers on the back of NSO cards should be a number in which they can use to look up your code (if possible). The eShop cards actually say Card #: on the back.

NOTE: These cards usually have the code printed a strip of plastic so you can't easily scratch off the code when scratching off the sliver part. Depending on the card, you can just peel off that silver part, as it's basically just a sticker.

Edited by alienboyva

I'm excited for a chance to play Star Fox 2 without a SNES Mini. Even better is the fact that Crystalis and Journey to Silius- two of my favorite NES games- have not been lost to the mists of time. 

I mean check out this music, man. 

Spoiler

I'm really hoping they can bring out the Guardian Legend on NES eventually. More people need to know of that game. 

13 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I remember this happening to me with a Wii points card. Luckily, they only used numbers back then and there was only 2 numbers I couldn't make out, so I was able to keep trying until I got it. This is why I always scratch as lightly as possible. 

I really hope you're able to redeem your NSO membership card. If there's now way, maybe you can try contacting NOA's customer support. One of the numbers on the back of NSO cards should be a number in which they can use to look up your code (if possible). The eShop cards actually say Card #: on the back.

NOTE: These cards usually have the code printed a strip of plastic so you can't easily scratch off the code when scratching off the sliver part. Depending on the card, you can just peel off that silver part, as it's basically just a sticker.

Thanks for the support @alienboyva. I went to NoA’s support website and sent them the info they asked for and pictures of the card and the receipt for proof of purchase Saturday. Still haven’t gotten an email response from them yet. 

On 12/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, Eliwood8 said:

Ugh that sucks Albraskan, sorry to hear that. I did the same thing a couple years ago with a $50 card so I was kind of freaking out about it, but I eventually managed to guess the digits I was missing. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

The same thing happened to you with a $50 card. Glad you found out the code for that one. 

I tried guessing the missing digits to mine, but with some of them I can’t tell if it was supposed to be a B or an 8, and some I scratched up to where it’s pretty hard to decipher. Then I kept entering wrong codes too much in a short time and I would get locked out from entering codes for a bit. I might try to enter in the code again since NoA support still hasn’t gotten back yet.

Edit: NoA Support replied back and wanted me to give them some info about my Nintendo account and Switch serial number. Gave it to them and today I got a response telling me they gave me 365 days of Nintendo Switch Online membership. So I’ve got online functionality for Switch games again.

Edited by The Albraskan
Status update. Avoiding double post.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...