Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Though, it hasn’t been officially confirmed by Nintendo yet, but it seems these are indeed the games for this month. 

Nice to see VS Excitebike. Though, if we can get that, then give us EarthBound Beginnings already!!!

Edited by alienboyva
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nintendo is trying out a new Special Offer for NOS members. They are giving out 1 FULL Switch game for FREE. JPN get's Capetian Toad Treasure Tracker and NA & EUR get Mario Tennis Aces. Though, the catch is, you only get it for a week!  ...And not to mention, there's a limited time in which you can play the game for free. :v  Not sure if they will do this every month, be we'll have to wait and see.

🔗https://gonintendo.com/stories/341163-switch-online-members-in-japan-get-access-to-captain-toad-treasu

🔗https://gonintendo.com/stories/341330-nintendo-europe-letting-switch-online-members-play-mario-tennis-a

🔗https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1156972864748314630?s=20

Sony and Microsoft right now...

s96Nnl3.jpg?1Related image

Seriously, only 1 week? You better hope that nothing comes up in that week that prevents you from playing that game. I get this is suppose to be a "trial" thing, but why can't you get give us 1 full Switch game for free a month for as long as we have NSO, Nintendo?

Edited by alienboyva

Come to find out that those game vouchers that were available to purchase exclusively for NSO members, are no longer available in NA and ARE NOT coming back (still available in EUR and JPN)...

What is it with NOA lately? NO SMM2 stylus pre-order bonus, no steelbook with the LE of Link’s Awaking, etc. ...And now this? I just hope everyone that wanted these got them before NOA yanked them. 

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Come to find out that those game vouchers that were available to purchase exclusively for NSO members, are no longer available in NA and ARE NOT coming back (still available in EUR and JPN)...

What is it with NOA lately? NO SMM2 stylus pre-order bonus, no steelbook with the LE of Link’s Awaking, etc. ...And now this? I just hope everyone that wanted these got them before NOA yanked them. 

I mean, they said from the beginning that they'd be available for a limited time, even specifying that they'd stop selling them at the end of July, so it's not like this should be a huge surprise. Hopefully they were profitable enough for NOA to bring them back at some point.

The free games for a week though is a pretty half-hearted attempt at competing with Sony's/Microsoft's similar free game offerings. One specific week feels more like an extended demo than anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Who's hyped for SNES games coming today?

I'm really looking forward to have them on Switch. Though, it kinda sux it's not just going to be all one app with NES and SNES games. Also, it makes me wonder if we will still get NES games every month along with SNES games? Still waiting for Earthbound Beginnings, Nintendo!

I'm surprised we're getting so many at launch and that we're getting Stunt Race FX . I find it odd they we're getting Super Puyo Puyo 2 instead of Kirby's Avalanche, because IIRC, that game has a story mode and is all in Japanese (I might be mistaking). I really hope we get Sim City in the near future. Though, I'm not sure how that rights work with it, especially since EA shutdown Maxis. I know Nintendo developed the game, but EA owns the IP.

As for the SNES controller, I think I'm going to pick one up, even though I can just use my 8BitDo Gbros wireless adapter and plugin one of my SNES Classic controllers. I'm glad they don't make you buy 2 of them for double the price and force you to charge them via the Switch Joy-Con style, like the NSO NES Controllers.

For anyone playing Super Puyo Puyo 2 as a part of the NSO SNES games app, here's a look at all the menus in English...

Main Menu:

Spoiler

10Z2Axa.jpg?1

1 Player Puyo Puyo: More Info HERE

Spoiler

sQthwXJ.gif

2 Player Puyo Puyo: More info HERE

Spoiler

L7VRanc.gif

Mulit Puyo Puyo: See FAQ HERE

Endless Puyo Puyo: See FAQ HERE

Options: