Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

As far as the voice chat thing, to me it strikes resemblance to the friend code fiasco. Nintendo wanted its gamers to be in safe environments. Limit what they can get a hold of. 

My whole beef with the online chat/app, is the chatting part. Yeah I can get a third party headset, but come on Nintendo, make a headset we can use to chat. Oh wait can't plug into Switch because can't voice chat anyways, and if they do it'll have to be wireless because a lot of the iPhones now don't have that headphone jack. If I was on a bus and was playing Switch online, (this is where we should have hot spots), and I don't want people to hear what I am saying to them, I have to hold the phone in my ear while playing the game? I guess this is where a third party headset comes in? But you wouldn't even need the mic for the headset if you are a speaking into the phone.

Welp, reading what I just wrote are the reasons why Nintendo can't make a universal headset for the Switch...

I believed that was know for a while because of the function of Nintendo Switch is why they made VC as app on smartphones. I get that, I really do but last I checked about owners of Switch play half of their Switches in handheld and the other docked.

Regardless of their guesstimate of how owner will use their Switch and they based VC around that. Explaining that reason obviously obtuse of the utmost degree and what makes all this concept egregious. Like I wish they thought this out a little but I feel they put themselves in bit of pickle for this so I can't chastise that harshly.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a set of the NES controllers for Xmas and they're pretty sweet. Though, it's hard for me to recommend them at that price, especially since you can get one of those 8BitDo adapters for only $20 that let you use Wii/NES/SNES classic controllers (as well as GCN controllers) on Switch. What's cool is that the L/R buttons act as home/capture buttons and when using the app with the controllers connected it changes the theme from Switch colors to NES colors and adds SMB3 SFX to the menus. :)  One thing I did notice is that when you have the controllers attached to the system, the D-pad has been remapped to work in a vertical orientation (video below). Not sure why Nintendo did this, since most people will only attach them for charging.

Oh...and I should mention there is a noticeable weight difference. If you ever used an original NES controller, you'll immediately notice. They're not that heavy (about the same weight as a joy-con), but given how light the original NES controller is, they feel much heavier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a look at the Famaicom Controllers...

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone instruct me on the characters needed to look for that Famicom App in the Japanese online shop?

I finally figured out my error in putting the ability to access the Japanese eshop on my switch but now that app isn't at the top of the game listings and I haven't been able to figure out how to search for it to download it to my switch for those NSO Famicom games.  Any help would be appreciated. Apparently will have do a manual search and I am having issues in getting the characters right through typing to search to find it and it doesn't accept english letter typing unless I am calling it by the wrong name.

On 1/17/2019 at 9:20 PM, purple_beard said:

PULLED FINDING IT OUT MY ARSE BUT NOW I HAVE THE Famicom App.

Nice!

Just signed up for a year of NSO. Tried out Dr. Mario. So far the connection has been pretty stable. Also tried out Double Dragon. Got the app on my phone. Thankfully I was able to move it to my SD card. So that helps space wise.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Here's Feb.'s NES games...

YES!!! 2 games I've been waiting for! ^_^  Though, too bad it's only 2 and not 3, since Japan is getting another JPN only game. I wonder if they'll also throw in some SP games?

SMB2 is one of the Mario games I never want to use warps.....  I love experiencing every single world.  Personally, I think World 3 and 5, but mainly 5 are the toughest.  The Ice in 4 is manageable for the most part.  The later stages of World 7 are only a pain if you don't get all the life meters and you have horridly bad timing with Sparkys.  **OR** that flying bird head.... and well, the Birdo on the conveyor near the final entrance can be a pain in the arse too but....  just at those spots, the other can be a pain throughout the level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

What sucks for me about this that one I already 12 months subscription for NSO and two I just one Amazon Prime 3 weeks ago.

Dammit, I could have this free but oh well....

EDIT: Spoke too soon, if you already have membership the month will be added to the one you already have. https://gonintendo.com/stories/331901-twitch-prime-nintendo-offer-one-year-of-free-nintendo-switch-on

Welp, here I go!

EDIT 2: I got it!

Edited by DLurkster