Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

So, in reading some fine print, if you want to PO those NES controllers.... they charge you up front, not when they actually ship, which is +/-3 months from now ( December sometime).  Never heard of charging you at POS for a PO, most POs don't charge you till they actually ship/become available.  I'm not talking about dropping more money down randomly at a GS to payout a PO item.

Has Nintendo turn into SE with all the SE tactics like SE taxes.

----

@Chrom I made VC folders like that, well more so on the Wii U. One classic app, I can go either way putting apps in all in one place but Chrom's points does bring up a lot of cons than pros tho.

A bit of a warning for people using the CRT filter for the NES games...

This doesn't seem to be actual screen burn-in, but I'm not sure if ti's permanent or not. I always play in 4:3 so this is't an issue for me, but this is really odd, because the NES/SNES classic's CRT filter never had this issue. Hopefully Nintendo fixes this ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and BTW...

REALLY NINTENDO?!!! You let us rearrange our NES games, but yet, we still can't arrange our Switch games/apps? *SCREAMING FACEPALM* anhero;

LOL!!! Gotta fucking love Nintendo sometimes. awesome;

Edited by alienboyva
6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

A bit of a warning for people using the CRT filter for the NES games...

This doesn't seem to be actual screen burn-in, but I'm not sure if ti's permanent or not. I always play in 4:3 so this is't an issue for me, but this is really odd, because the NES/SNES classic's CRT filter never had this issue. Hopefully Nintendo fixes this ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and BTW...

REALLY NINTENDO?!!! You let us rearrange our NES games, but yet, we still can't arrange our Switch games/apps? *SCREAMING FACEPALM* anhero;

LOL!!! Gotta fucking love Nintendo sometimes. awesome;

Static images cause these effects period.  Turn down the brightness on the TV.  

Holy Mario and Luigi!

Nintendo Switch Online has been hacked within hours of its release, and players have already figured out how to play their own ROMs as well as the 20 NES games that come with the service.

Source:   https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/9/19/17879042/nintendo-switch-onlines-nes-emulator-hacked

Edited by Doc Brown
1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Seen this and sadly I'm not shocked at all by this.

Can't say I fully blame Nintendo using the same emulation tools they used in the classic systems but as much that's not cool I hope it doesn't go too far and ruin the experience bey NESflix.

Still that won't stop Nintendo banning users and such. I don't know why Nintendo think that solving a problem or banning is the way to makes things. There's a thing called prevention, Nintendo. Might want look into that.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

A positive take.

@6:21 HOLLY CRAP!!! You can voice chat with random people?!!! Nintendo actually allowed this?...Nintendo? :o  Why didn't they mention this? Well then...This makes the stupid app a bit more useful. Still it would be nice to have the option to use the app (for when playing docked mode) or do VC on the system (when playing handheld/tabletop mode). 

Too bad you can't VC with random people on you team in Splatoon 2. :(  Hope they add this in soon, because it would be super useful. 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Holy Mario and Luigi!

Nintendo Switch Online has been hacked within hours of its release, and players have already figured out how to play their own ROMs as well as the 20 NES games that come with the service.

Sourcehttps://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/9/19/17879042/nintendo-switch-onlines-nes-emulator-hacked

Well, that didn't take long. Why am I not surprised? I wonder why Nintendo is going to do about this?

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

@6:21 HOLLY CRAP!!! You can voice chat with random people?!!! Nintendo actually allowed this?...Nintendo? :o  Why didn't they mention this? Well then...This makes the stupid app a bit more useful. Still it would be nice to have the option to use the app (for when playing docked mode) or do VC on the system (when playing handheld/tabletop mode). 

Too bad you cant VC with random people on you team in Splatoon 2. :(  Hope they add this in. because it would be super useful.

No offense to NCL but this has them written all over this. How is that you have 1 minute+ and you don't mention in the app section you can chat with strangers?!? I could mention the digitally sharing but that isn't paid online feature but a new feature with firmware 6.0.0.

Nintendo, don't just give us the cliffnotes of your feature, be you and show off something only Nintendo would only do. I think Nintendo forgot how to be themselves with this paid online because despite the criticism, there's some good if the consumer actually dig thru feature beyond the one Nintendo once us to take notice when they are not that impressive.

I agree for about random chat for Splatoon 2, as the y mention for Salmon Run. I'm not sure because I've played the series for a while now, they say you need VC for Splat Zones and such but mode that really need it is Salmon Run, tho. Side note, from what I remember the producer; (squid research guy, forgot his name) they don't want to alienate younger player with random chat but more so with ppl you know like your friends. I get that but if you can mute who don't like I don't see why this cannot be thing for  Splatoon 2 and now Diablo III is looking little more promising with the app and I think I'm seeing what Blizzard is thinking with this app and their game now. Hmmmmm....

53 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Seen this and sadly I'm not shocked at all by this.

Can't say I fully blame Nintendo using the same emulation tools they used in the classic systems but as much that's not cool I hope it doesn't go too far and ruin the experience bey NESflix.

Still that won't stop Nintendo banning users and such. I don't know why Nintendo think that solving a problem or banning is the way to makes things. There's a thing called prevention, Nintendo. Might want look into that.

I'm not either. But boy was it fast.

Agreed on the prevention part.

53 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Too bad you can't VC with random people on you team in Splatoon 2. :(  Hope they add this in soon, because it would be super useful. 

Well, that didn't take long. Why am I not surprised? I wonder why Nintendo is going to do about this?

I know. It'll be something seeing what they do to try to stop it. I hope that they don't shoot themselves in the foot instead of doing some actual prevention.

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

From the footage and clips I’ve seen regarding the App, it seems like we don’t have to use that mess of cords and headphones or whatever it was before anymore...

Its been awhile so I can’t fully remember it, honestly... 

Major improvement there, at least thankfully 

That's that was HORI's solution to combine game audio and VC app audio into one headset. I'm pretty sure you still need this if you want to get both game audio and VC app audio from one headset.

AwRsZa6.png?1 

Edited by alienboyva
13 hours ago, alienboyva said:

That's that was HORI's solution to combine game audio and VC app audio into one headset. I'm pretty sure you still need this if you want to get both game audio and VC app audio from one headset.

AwRsZa6.png?1 

Huh... so that’s what I was thinking of - the voice chat options seem to be an improvement either way...

Granted I really haven’t really have had a need to use it since I don’t have too many Online Multiplayer games, so I really wouldn’t know what the app was like before...