Nintendo Switch Online Thread

EH_STEVE

11 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I kinda want to get the NES controllers, but $60 (plus NOS sub) is a bit much, especially when they can only be used for NES games. Now if you could also use them for games like LUMINES REMASTERD, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mega Man Classic Collection, etc., I might consider it.

AS for where you can get them. I'd expect more info here come Tues... https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/

..and them to be sold on NOA's online store. https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/

I can help but wonder how many of these will hit ebay immediately after they go up? 😏

Yep. I'm not even bothering to get them. $40 would be better, meaning you'd get a $20 discount from paying the online fee.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yep. I'm not even bothering to get them. $40 would be better, meaning you'd get a $20 discount from paying the online fee.

That'd be nice, but it seems Nintendo wants all the $ this gen. *sigh*

As I've mentioned before... They should just add Wii Remote support, so we can use the NES/SNES Classic Edition controllers. Though, they're most likely never going to do this, because they want to make as much $ as possible from these things. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
4 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

That'd be nice, but it seems Nintendo wants all the $ this gen. *sigh*

As I've mentioned before... They should just add Wii Remote support, so we can use the NES/SNES Classic Edition controllers. Though, they're most likely never going to do this, because they want to make as much $ as possible from these things. :( 

Yep. They've got some Wario like greed, don't they? It's in part why I'm not bothering with the controllers. They have limited use. Might as well try to go for a Pro controller instead (some day).

Yep. Exactly and it sucks.

On the up side, at least the upcoming Smash controller can be used on the Wii. Hoping it'll work with Pokemon Colosseum ok.

Edited by Doc Brown
7 hours ago, alienboyva said:

OK, this is friggn' sweet! Now THIS really makes me wish gold points didn't expire. T_T

12-month NOS membership = 2,000 gold pts.

This cool but as much as I am paying  for this online, I rather use the points on game or better yet the up and coming DLC for Smash Ultimate. I have around $28 in gold points just wait to use on the DLC.

16 hours ago, IU said:

Money gets charged from my account for the Xbox Live service my little brother and I have used, and I'm fine with paying $60 for that service because Microsoft offers all the features that I would expect from an online service in 2018. Nintendo has been offering their far less featured online experience for free for over a decade and now has decided to charge for it without making any improvements. They've actually gone backwards with the Switch as there is no social aspect on the actual system beyond sending and accepting friend requests. The Wii U and 3DS had Miiverse as a social platform accessible directly from those systems before its retirement. The Wii allowed friends to send messages to each other on the actual console itself. It's crazy to me too, to think that a 2006 Nintendo DS game, around first wave Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection titles, offered lobby voice chat within the game itself with the press of a button as well as a text message option within those same friend lobbies. Why is the Switch under featured compared to previous Nintendo systems moving into a paid service?

Then there's the fact that data miners have shown an indication of SNES support on NSO. How do you screw system owners that were willing to pay for an online experience with no improvements at the launch of NSO service? Withhold the better library of games.

Right now the defenders are using the NES on NSO as the value most should look at paying for online. Yeah, that's hard pill to swallow when Nintendo has entered the paywall nation for Online and we can't look at the Netflix like games as something of value. And tho SNES will help with that value, that is still not enough outside the points you mentioned about prior Nintendo systems featuring more communication offerings. Nintendo need to work on the how the connection and how some games from them only have cloud saves. That will help the value and if that required raising the price help in a few years with that by all means, a $10 raise still half a price if ppl still want to bring up with better added features.

No to my understanding they have not disclose how the game will be added each month. As you know 3 games will be added each month leading up to the end of this year.

My assumption is that not all 3 of the game release at once in the month they will come out. They'll probably release weekly like on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays. Like the eShop updates or like Netflix.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Have they officially stated how the games come to you?  Rent, play anytime you want via online with saves on system, buy each title you want then take advantage of online and other upgrades?

I assume there will be an app you have to download, which games will be added to every month or so.

*Note: You can play the NES games way from an internet connection for 7-days, before you need to connect to the internet again.

Edited by alienboyva
11 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Its past 8pm Nintendo......get it together.....

8pm ET is when the 3hr Switch eShop maintenance will start. The service will launch after the maintenance is finished at 11pm ET.

Coming from the receipt I got when I bought my 12-month NSO membership card...

w17LVB3.png

Edited by alienboyva
8 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

8pm ET is when the 3hr Switch eShop maintenance will start. The service will launch after the maintenance is finished at 11pm ET.

Coming from the receipt I got when I bought my 12-month NSO membership card...

w17LVB3.png

So I was right the first time Smash game night thread. The update and paid membership is a t 11pm. My double bad.ktongue;

It honestly didn't or wouldn't make sens to update and then 3hrs later get your membership. Where did I think I had double take to think like that?