Nintendo Direct 09.13.2018 - 3:00PM PT - 6:00PM ET

EH_STEVE

Looking forward to hearing more about the NSO service, though I don't think there will be too much new info.

Also, hoping they announce, folders, themes, web browser, YouTube, Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc. for Switch. Though, given people have supposedly already data-mined the upcoming 6.0 update, I doubt it. Still, I'm going to keep hoping for this every ND until we get it. :P  Seriously, we should have had all this by now.

Edited by alienboyva

I got a BAD feeling we already know all we will end up knowing about the paid online service.   ...And that disappoints me greatly.

I got a feeling we get one echo and one new Smash character and possibly a stage.

We should get a date on the Mario Odyssey Red JCs coming stateside.

Probably some stuff on those rumored Smash bundles.

I'd put money on more being known/tied in with Pokemon Go Evee and Pikachu.

There has to be some LEGIT online enabled games to make paid online for them worth it.

And, IMO there are only a few games out there worth it:

*Splatoon 2 content.

*MK8DLX dlc pack(s)

*I could buy Animal Crossing being one.

I would think there could be something about that NSMBU/SLU game rumored.

*the discussion videos talking up an online coop mode kind of sound cool.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch the direct live at 3PM. I will follow a live tweet. Very excited for the direct though!

I'm looking forward to see more of Fire Emblem Three Houses (or is it Three Seasons? Or Four Seasons? or Four Houses). I held my breath fearing we'd have a cookie cutter Awakening-esque game a la Fates, but Fire Emblem on Switch appears to be something different so I really would like to see more of it. 

Edited by Arvis

Just a little edit from my predictions from the 09.06.18 thread.

50 percent talk on Switch games we know that's coming this year (you know the games), the other half what we don't know is coming this year. That's the stuff Kimishima said there's more games to be announced after E3. So where are those games Kimishima?

Updates on Luigi Mansion 3DS and M&L: BiS, along with one or two surprise 3DS announcements.

We already got news of some games we don't more but I still expect more. Sticking to my 3DS and we know paid online will discussed, so I removed that from my quote post.

Other than not much as change just like with the overall time as not despite what was revealed (not much) but I still expect some edits so that may be why is still 35 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Xenoblade X and Hashtag Effie ports!

Please?

Xenoblade X I hope gets ported so more people can play that game, but personally I cannot afford to sink another 200 hours into WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET. I'm really sad I skipped TMS and hoping a Switch port lets me play that game. I mean, I could dig out the Wii U, but it's been retired so y; 

Also, on the topic of XCX, if Elma somehow ends in Smash Snake is being killed off. Something goes wrong on a mission and Snake fails to stop metal gear, and after metal gear crushes Snake, a Skell shows and Elma singlehandly takes on the metal gear. I'm calling it now. lol;

Posting this because it was posted in Chrom thread about the delay of the direct but I think it was probably overlooked.

Smash commentator D1, thought the direct was reschedule for this Thursday. (this was a highlight of stream this past Sunday) What's so funny is that he wasn't paying attention to the year till the last minute and half of the video. Tho, it was the first I seen this back on Monday, I see right away he and whoever else was duped.

I the ironic this is that this direct is exactly a year from the one last year. Was it fate to have a direct exactly a year from that date?

40 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Posting this because it was posted in Chrom thread about the delay of the direct but I think it was probably overlooked.

Smash commentator D1, thought the direct was reschedule for this Thursday. (this was a highlight of stream this past Sunday) What's so funny is that he wasn't paying attention to the year till the last minute and half of the video. Tho, it was the first I seen this back on Monday, I see right away he and whoever else was duped.

I the ironic this is that this direct is exactly a year from the one last year. Was it fate to have a direct exactly a year from that date?

At least use the right date in the direct pic... 9/13/2017  LOL.

I'm interested to see if Nintendo can turn the perception of their Switch online service around during the Direct. I imagine those details will take the spot that now should be vacated after the third party announcements that went forward in spite of last week's delay, so maybe 5-10 minutes on the paid service. I'm also kind of surprised that Nintendo is allowing the 3DS and Wii U to continue to be free online experiences alongside the service's launch, because it seems like an easy decision to just go back to those prior multiplayer games if a person still owns those systems. The NES games with online features aren't very enticing. I know some of those games are great still, but that's the bottom of their barrel: They can do better.

Since Yoshi's title was leaked, that game should have a new trailer shown during this presentation. I'm looking for a release date and to see how the game has changed or improved since that first glimpse at last year's E3. It looked like a potential purchase with that first reveal, but I'm on the fence now with the push back to 2019 and the feedback from Star Allies being too easy even for a Kirby experience. I'm hoping Yoshi's Crafted World doesn't see that same fate.

There have been a lot of rumors circulating on NSMB U + SLU coming to the Switch. I understand it; however, I hope that that specifically is not true. I think a NSMB HD Collection would go over much better and a Super Mario Maker Deluxe has arguably even more potential and will help get players to pay into the online service. I think something NSMB related is coming tomorrow regardless and will release this year for the Switch.

It's time for either the next Animal Crossing or Pikmin 4 to be shown. A new first party Nintendo game for 2019 hopefully will be announced tomorrow with a trailer. I don't think it would go over well if they only cover known games.

Smash is going to have a new fighter revealed and there may be at least one echo fighter revealed too. I'm thinking that Nintendo closes with the Smash newcomer, but an echo fighter reveal could open the Direct (i.e. Shadow/Isabelle open, Geno/Banjo close). They will not unveil that mystery mode in tomorrow's Direct.

At least 2 new boards and game modes will be shown for Super Mario Party. This is the time for Nintendo to push that game as a must have Switch title.

Metroid could come over to the Switch to help pad out their release line up in the form of one of two ports. I think either Metroid: Samus Returns or a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster is coming to the Switch later this year or early 2019. If they're going to bring the Prime Trilogy over, I think now is the time.

I think the 3DS is getting a new game announcement tomorrow following a brief mention of Luigi's Mansion 3DS and the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake.

Overall, I'm looking forward to what Nintendo has to show for the Direct tomorrow given that they didn't come with much for E3. I think Smash should be a highlight of tomorrow's Direct, but not dominate it. Smash Ultimate should have another Direct at least before its release in December. I'm hoping for a few surprises from Nintendo specifically for the Switch...and I could see them having something for the 3DS that would be worth picking up next year.

Edited by IU
3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

One theory that I heard about was that Isaac was supposed to be revealed, but after the earthquake, they had to edit his trailer to remove his Venus Psynergy because it would've been in bad taste.

I dunno, it sounds fairly plausible to me.

I thought about that too, actually.  So... I guess it's plausible enough for at least two people to have thought of it, for what that's worth. But then, delaying the presentation just seemed like an all-around respectful thing to do, especially given that Nintendo's employees were affected by the disaster. But who knows? Maybe Isaac did have something to do with it.

Speaking to my hopes and expectations from the Direct, Isaac (and by extension echo fighter Felix) is the only thing I really want out of tomorrow's Direct that's remotely in the realm of possibility. You know, other than things that we know we'll get to see, like Fire Emblem Three Houses. For the rest of it, I'll just enjoy the ride. 

Edited by Laclipsey
5 hours ago, Arvis said:

Xenoblade X I hope gets ported so more people can play that game, but personally I cannot afford to sink another 200 hours into WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET. I'm really sad I skipped TMS and hoping a Switch port lets me play that game. I mean, I could dig out the Wii U, but it's been retired so y; 

Also, on the topic of XCX, if Elma somehow ends in Smash Snake is being killed off. Something goes wrong on a mission and Snake fails to stop metal gear, and after metal gear crushes Snake, a Skell shows and Elma singlehandly takes on the metal gear. I'm calling it now. lol;

I really hope XCX gets ported at some point too and maybe with some QOL features like making it easier to swap out party members versus hunting down who you want throughout NLA.  But it's a great game that more people should have an opportunity to check out.  I just wish that if it were to happen that there could be some way to adapt your save from the Wii U game over something so that repeat customers don't have to necessarily start over from scratch again. 

If Elma does end up in the game I could see there being some kind of showdown between her and Metal Gear.  The dialogue alone would be worth it as she questions what kind of Skell Metal Gear is or whether or not Snake is (big XCX spoiler twist here) a mimeosome.

16 hours ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

DIRECTLY TO YOU

4d6.gif.6b538dbf541efe3e1a3d5c19dd41d79c.gif

Kirby's cute attempt always gets me when I see this gif ^_^

16 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I got a BAD feeling we already know all we will end up knowing about the paid online service.   ...And that disappoints me greatly.

I'ma need you to exude some more positive vibes here, my guy.  Let me give you some of mine:

latest?cb=20171120123048

But no, really. We're gonna find out more about it with this direct too, yeah?  Since it's launching fairly soon we should get clarification on existing details and final details on everything else.

And with some of these Animal Crossing rumors coming and me and Krazy having watched some JoJo the past month and a half or so, I figure this would be fitting:

Edited by Kezay

My phone line was cut accidentally, so phone, TV or internet. So I won't be commenting here or be logged in.

Currently posting from my smartphone data. Will be watching off my phone. Then turn off my data till my provider get the line back up.

T-minus 11 minutes till direct starts as of this post.