ND delay brings out the worst on social media in gamers

Fuzzer1

Yeah, in concerns with the announcements, let's put it this way. A wedding or a celebration. A number of caterers with food already prepared. It was canceled due to some unforeseen circumstance, what do you do with the food? They cannot "unmake" it. Gotta eat it. The only thing that isn't spoiled is most likely whatever Nintendo is publishing/developing. Yoshi is an outlying case.

If they're going to have a September Direct, I imagine it's going to be either the 20th or 27th. This upcoming week has Hurricane Florence hitting the East Coast, so I hope they don't have the Direct rescheduled for this Thursday after they just set the precedent of delaying an international Direct due to the impact of a natural disaster. At some point, they have to go over their online service this month unless the service gets pushed back...They could alter the Direct to include online service information since there has been news regarding Switch games since the delay.

1 minute ago, IU said:

If they're going to have a September Direct, I imagine it's going to be either the 20th or 27th. This upcoming week has Hurricane Florence hitting the East Coast, so I hope they don't have the Direct rescheduled for this Thursday after they just set the precedent of delaying an international Direct due to the impact of a natural disaster. At some point, they have to go over their online service this month unless the service gets pushed back...They could alter the Direct to include online service information since there has been news regarding Switch games since the delay.

Please stop with this natural disaster Direct delay pissing match narrative you've been concocting with your last few posts.

5 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

@Satomii🌈 made a great tweet earlier pointing out that the announcement of the delay actually got more likes and retweets than the initial announcement of the Direct itself.

People will cherry-pick reactions from a few garbage people in an attempt to paint all Nintendo fans under the same light.

Not sure what you're specifically referring to, but it should be said that the article itself does not actually do this, and in fact does the opposite by saying most Nintendo fans have their heads on straight by being understanding of the situation and telling off others who aren't. I'm sure some people of insignificant influence would make such generalizations in their own little corners, but the author certainly isn't one of them and it wouldn't be fair to suggest otherwise.

9 hours ago, IU said:

Seriously?!?

See Gold's post about your time to see the direct and see how ridiculous you're being:

They announced it will be rescheduled. How does not knowing at this exact moment affect you in any way? Were you going to make a day of it and take it off work to watch an announcement stream? They'll still announce the date before they actually air it, so it won't be hard to be ready for it at all.

Can anyone show me where Nintendo has used their international influence to help support the victims and the communities impacted by the earthquake? Does anyone here know that the situation has gotten more tragic since they made that tweet about the Direct delay?

I see no issue with speculating about the Direct's reschedule date at this time given that Nintendo has been business as usual. I brought up Hurricane Florence because I don't actually feel Nintendo is genuine about respecting the victims of any disaster. They're not even mentioned. The earthquake wasn't just powerful it was fatal, and the death toll tripled since the tweet of the delay. I give credit to Nintendo for drawing attention to the disaster only because the majority of the fanbase's response has been more about the victims as they learned about the details of the earthquake through other sources. It's sad to me that a fan channel on youtube is more willing to offer an avenue to donate towards the relief efforts where as the company just gave one tweet and has since moved on. Check their social media.

16 hours ago, IU said:

The only way I can see it happening if it effects NYC, because Nintendo Store. But even I think I'm stretching that logic. So unless it affects an NoA's exec's hometown, I cannot see them delaying it if a Direct is scheduled soon. At least the earthquake in Japan, it affected Iwata's hometown, so respects were paid. (Not 100% sure where in Hokkaido was hit.)

Apparently the earthquake was pretty major -- there are still notifications on all Yahoo Japan Auctions pages that buyers should expect delays in shipments since the Japan postal service was severely affected: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/topic/notice/other/post_2367/

Edited by The Ultimate Mario Fan
9 hours ago, IU said:

Can anyone show me where Nintendo has used their international influence to help support the victims and the communities impacted by the earthquake? Does anyone here know that the situation has gotten more tragic since they made that tweet about the Direct delay?

I see no issue with speculating about the Direct's reschedule date at this time given that Nintendo has been business as usual. I brought up Hurricane Florence because I don't actually feel Nintendo is genuine about respecting the victims of any disaster. They're not even mentioned. The earthquake wasn't just powerful it was fatal, and the death toll tripled since the tweet of the delay. I give credit to Nintendo for drawing attention to the disaster only because the majority of the fanbase's response has been more about the victims as they learned about the details of the earthquake through other sources. It's sad to me that a fan channel on youtube is more willing to offer an avenue to donate towards the relief efforts where as the company just gave one tweet and has since moved on. Check their social media.

A Japanese company delayed a stream due to a natural disaster in Japan. Hurricane Florence has nothing to do with them and there is no reason for them to delay further. 

It’s not a pissing contest. 

2 hours ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Apparently the earthquake was pretty major -- there are still notifications on all Yahoo Japan Auctions pages that buyers should expect delays in shipments since the Japan postal service was severely affected: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/topic/notice/other/post_2367/

It's pretty bad.  Been reading articles about it over the past few days and it's always the structural damage that gets me, especially stuff like paved roads being split down the middle or upended into little more than piles of debris.  Granted, any natural disaster is capable of it but with earthquakes in particular I'm always blown away by how quickly an area can transform into something so unrecognizable to what it was before.

The vast majority of people are decent, and that includes those who were looking forward to the Direct. Though disappointed, they handled the delay like understanding adults.

As for the vocal minority who can't? Well, that really is their problem. In a few days, when the direct finally airs, they won't even care that it was delayed anymore.

To those affected by the earthquake, those who lost homes and loved ones? I'd imagine it's gonna take them a fair bit longer.

Edited by Marxforever
On 9/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, IU said:

💩