ND delay brings out the worst on social media in gamers

Fuzzer1

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/427741-nintendo-direct-delay-brings-out-the-worst-in-fans

Was it the right decision to postpone the direct out of respect to the Hokkaido eathquake victims? Yes. Unfortuantley, some fans aren't too happy about that decision.

So what should Nintendo have done about it? Announce the new air date and time in the same statement regarding the delay. Then we wouldn't have such anger from other fans in the first place.

Edited by Fuzzer1
31 minutes ago, Pichi said:

4 whole tweets on the page.
Hundreds of people complaining in replies to the tweet about the horrible responses.
You scroll for like 5 minutes and you might find one actual insensitive tweet

Wouldn't it make sense to just ignore them?

These lousy clickbait articles just give fuel for bigots to attack journalism as a whole.

It was a siggesstion because it's bow it's supposed to be done in these situations. You're supposed to announce any rescheduled dates when something gets delayed.

It wouldn't have been a problem if Nintendo said the date they would reschedule the Direct for instead of saying it will be aired at a later date because fans would've known when it would be aired in the future. But because Nintendo didn't do that, it's hard to be ready for it.

They announced it will be rescheduled. How does not knowing at this exact moment affect you in any way? Were you going to make a day of it and take it off work to watch an announcement stream? They'll still announce the date before they actually air it, so it won't be hard to be ready for it at all.

And to counter your first point, you do not have to announce any rescheduled dates when something gets delayed. Companies and people are busy and rescheduling sometimes takes a while. Many things get delayed and the actual date comes later. There's no rule about this requiring them to post it the same time they say it is delayed.

I think you're confusing this with like a raincheck situation. If any outing event required sunny weather but on the day of the event it rains most of the day, a raincheck date will be provided day of event or when you purchase ticket of said outing event.

Now, tho (and again I don't why this isn't obvious to see here, even if you understand the circumstance of the delay. Asking for a date, all just but write off your understanding, thus pointless) the direct is pre-recorded, releasing set a date from the country of origin without knowing how the situation in Japan will get better does not makes sense or is cool. Same goes if it was released in other countries.

I'm not sure if you're bringing other region because Japan get exclusive directs sometimes and the rest of the world don't. That's different because what they are showing of there only will release there so that is why some directs release only in Japan. Regardless of the delay the content in all regions will be same so no benefit to release in some and not in others.

45 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Maybe I am getting it mixed up. Sorry.

But don't theyy still do the US veridons with Reggie in Redmond Washington?

No. When it's a worldwide ND like this one, it's hosted by someone in Japan (recently, Yoshiaki Koizumi) and dubbed in English. For reference, the last worldwide ND was March 8th, which I'm sure we all fondly remember as the first teaser for Smash Ultimate. If it's a system-/game-/region-specific ND it might be hosted by staff from Nintendo of America, but there's no reason to assume the recently delayed one would be.

Regardless, I feel like you're still not quite understanding everyone's point regarding the delay: the ND is pre-recorded, and Nintendo chose to delay its release out of respect for the crisis parts of Japan are facing right now. Even if there was a separately hosted Reggie ND and a European ND, Nintendo would still most likely choose to delay the release. It's not a matter of the video's availability, or having someone available to host—it's Nintendo's choice in this situation.

And sure, we'd all like to know when the ND will now air but it's not like Nintendo usually announces these things far in advance anyway. They'll probably announce the new date a couple days in advance like usual.

Will Nintendo show this level of concern and respect for their audience regarding all major natural disasters? If they don't, that doesn't change my opinion on their decision earlier this week, I do feel they made the right decision to delay an international Direct out of respect to the victims of the powerful earthquake. I will take issue with their overall policy though if they start treating victims of natural disasters differently.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

@Satomii🌈 made a great tweet earlier pointing out that the announcement of the delay actually got more likes and retweets than the initial announcement of the Direct itself.

People will cherry-pick reactions from a few garbage people in an attempt to paint all Nintendo fans under the same light.

Thank you for bringing this up! Yes, it's so very true. People will take two or three crappy people's quotes and use that to be like "HAH! Look at Nintendo fans!" Like...guys, come on. Hardly anyone is being poopy. And if someone is - they need to grow up and understand devastating natural disasters are not just a flip of a coin to recover. Those people gotta be patient and be respectful! Thankfully most Ninty fans seem more than understanding and realize the gravity of the situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of those announcements were meant to be part of the Direct. Like they said early on in the video with the Mega Man demo coming out maybe too many things were already in motion with some of the other impending announcements/reveals to really bother with stopping it.  How it affects the Direct when it finally does release is anyone's guess, though I do think quite a bit was still held back.  Like, I seriously doubt the Direct was altogether spoiled by the situation created by rescheduling the Direct due to extraordinary circumstances.