Final Fantasy XV coming to Nintendo Switch

Chrom

i just noticed while watching the trailer, but does the pocket edition use the same engine as Final Fantasy IV on the DS? y; 

And for those of you who want to play this game... I'd recommend suffering through Kingslgaive. If I were to guess, the conversation went like 'there's so many cutscenes it might as well be a movie?' 'So, what should we call it?' The game provides just enough information that you know what happens, but you'll be very confused. At least the CGI is perdy. 

I knew there was a joke coming somewhere with this.

It was rumored to come to Switch and tho, it may have been possible to port the game from PS4/Xbox one. That was mess performance wise so I guess that wasn't in the cards. I really hope for the best but I guess this better than not getting FFVX on Switch.

WHAT THE FUCK SQUARE ENIX?!?

EDIT: Whoops, I was so focused with this being a Switch game, that I didn't noticed it's coming out for PS4 and Xbox One. You know the funny thing this is the best to way to release it. To only show that it was coming to PS4 and Xbox One would of been, 'we not good enough to run on Switch?'. And if this was just coming to Switch, it would of been; 'so this is how Square Enix see Nintendo and their latest FF title, huh? There probably would of been no pleasing so this was the better outcome. Still stupid but better outcome.

Edited by DLurkster

When I first saw the PS4 version of it broke, I immediately thought, I knew it, the Switch will get this one.

Also from my limited experience from playing the surprisingly smooth running PC build of the original's demo (it was below requirements, so it was relative) and the Pocket Edition on Android. I'd much prefer Pocket Edition's Diablo-esque gameplay compared to the original's "hold A" approach alone. (If you know, you know, if you don't...just try it for yourself...if your PC can handle it.)

I watch the Kingsgaive movie and the brotherhood anime that was release on square enix youtube channel but have not played the game. I could of at anytime for my PS4 but this for the Switch, I'm okay not getting.

I think from those two mediums, I'm probably okay with what I know with FFXV, right?

• Chrom featured this topic

Kinda funky that mainline games keep dipping and dodging Nintendo platforms unless it's some kind of spinoff or something.  Though I probably wouldn't be too interested in the actual FFXV either.

I should clarify, post FF6 mainline games here.

Edited by Kezay
37 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Kinda funky that mainline games keep dipping and dodging Nintendo platforms unless it's some kind of spinoff or something.  Though I probably wouldn't be too interested in the actual FFXV either.

I should clarify, post FF6 mainline games here.

I forgot where I watch vid saying because of this game release might mean that previous mainline FF that skipped Nintendo systems might come to Switch now.

In a weird way that maybe true but time will tell if this could be start main FF coming to Nintendo

11 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I forgot where I watch vid saying because of this game release might mean that previous mainline FF that skipped Nintendo systems might come to Switch now.

In a weird way that maybe true but time will tell if this could be start main FF coming to Nintendo

I'm really skeptical about that.  Mind you, I'm not knocking this Pocket Edition at all but I'm not really seeing it as any potential gateway for previous mainline FF titles not already on Nintendo platforms to start appearing on them in some form. Projects like these I can see, maybe a return of the Crystal Chronicles games or some other experiment like FF Explorers, but beyond that I don't know.

1 minute ago, Kezay said:

I'm really skeptical about that.  Mind you, I'm not knocking this Pocket Edition at all but I'm not really seeing it as any potential gateway for previous mainline FF titles not already on Nintendo platforms to start appearing on them in some form. Projects like these I can see, maybe a return of the Crystal Chronicles games or some other experiment like FF Explorers, but beyond that I don't know.

Funny, that video I watch did not mention the Crystal Chronicles, I'd like to see those come back. Why they stop making those anyways?

I'm skeptical of that leap of logic too, it's just so shocking and a first to have a number FF coming to Nintendo in so long so I'm curious if there's any merit with this line of thinking.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Funny, that video I watch did not mention the Crystal Chronicles, I'd like to see those come back. Why they stop making those anyways?

I'm skeptical of that leap of logic too, it's just so shocking and a first to have a number FF coming to Nintendo in so long so I'm curious if there's any merit with this line of thinking.

I may be wrong, but I think the last game associated with Crystal Chronicles was The Crystal Bearers which almost seemed like an attempt at more traditional kind of Final Fantasy style game but steeped in the lore and world building of the Crystal Chronicles series.  While it had its issues I did enjoy it and hoped there would be another game that would tighten up and expand on things, but  it didn't do too well at all.  Not at all helped by the crazy release schedule either.  The only version of the game that made it in time for the holidays was the Japan release.  The North American release released the day after Christmas. Yeah, on the 26th of December.  And later on launched in Europe early the next year.  The game was pretty much sent to die.

I can't remember if the game was ever really advertised anywhere outside of Japan though, but Japan at least had a cool commercial.  Bon Jovi is quite exquisite :P

2 hours ago, Kezay said:

The fact that Cloud is in the Smashverse might have some reconcilitiation... Then again, we haven’t seen a Metal Gear game on a Nintendo platform for a while.

13 hours ago, Kezay said:

I may be wrong, but I think the last game associated with Crystal Chronicles was The Crystal Bearers which almost seemed like an attempt at more traditional kind of Final Fantasy style game but steeped in the lore and world building of the Crystal Chronicles series.  While it had its issues I did enjoy it and hoped there would be another game that would tighten up and expand on things, but  it didn't do too well at all.  Not at all helped by the crazy release schedule either.  The only version of the game that made it in time for the holidays was the Japan release.  The North American release released the day after Christmas. Yeah, on the 26th of December.  And later on launched in Europe early the next year.  The game was pretty much sent to die.

I can't remember if the game was ever really advertised anywhere outside of Japan though, but Japan at least had a cool commercial.  Bon Jovi is quite exquisite :P

Yeah, that is game I was talking about. I love that game.

I didn't get this game at launch so I had no idea it release day after Christmas, yikes!

I don't get this sometimes why do publisher know damn well when they release a game where it will not stand chance in retail and then wonder why it never sell well?

Sigh, unfortunate but I'd like to see a revival of this series.