Mega Man 11 Demo out now!

DLurkster

I assume this was supposed to be announced in the Nintendo Direct that was originally scheduled for yesterday? I'm guessing Nintendo gave the OK to Capcom to release it on Switch anyway. I played a bit of it last night and it's really good. I really like the art style, which I wasn't sure of when the game was first announced. Like previous games in the series the music is damn good. I've had that Block Man theme stuck in my head all day.

🎧:

Spoiler

SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! ^_^

While playing last night this happened...

I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to get in here not, so I was thinking it was possibly a glitch. 

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I don't have experience with Mega Man games, but the Double Gear system is really cool. It's simple, yet there's a huge learning curve.

Then fifteen minutes into the level I slipped and missed a small platform, which killed me instantly and sent me back to the very beginning. Hit the home button, deleted the demo, never looked back.

:( 

Yeah, I don't have as much experience either, as I didn't grow-up playing Mega Man, but I still think it's fun.

That's pretty much classic Mega Man (Gotta make it to the checkpoint, in this case beat the mini-boss). :D  Well, a good thing about this game is there's difficulty settings for newcomers/casuals. Even though, I'm not the best at Mega Man, I played on Normal and found it to be a fair challenge. Though, I didn't get a chance to beat the stage yet, as I kept dieing on the moving walls part (as pictured above).

Edited by alienboyva
7 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I don't have experience with Mega Man games, but the Double Gear system is really cool. It's simple, yet there's a huge learning curve.

Then fifteen minutes into the level I slipped and missed a small platform, which killed me instantly and sent me back to the very beginning. Hit the home button, deleted the demo, never looked back.

yep the mega man games are challenging and also the x series. 

The only thing I had to unlearn is, THERE. IS. NO. WALL JUMP. Other than that, I like it. I really like what they did with the "weapon get" screen, getting to try it out instead of watching a demo of it in action. As for the double gear system, I've only used the slow down a few times, mainly in that one conveyor and block section. It's going to be a challenge to try and beat it without using it...which I kinda did when I fought Block Man. Didn't use slow down on the third phase, but did use the attack up during the second phase with a boss weapon.

Just beat the demo, I found Block Man's stage pretty difficult.  The only complaint I have is I thought the music in that stage kind of sucked but the rest of the stage played really well. A lot better than that pile of shit called Mighty No. 9.  Maybe it's a good thing Keiji Inafune is no longer with Crapcom.  I am a huge Mega Man fan to the point I am getting both Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X official 30th anniversary cartridges off iam8bit  for $100 a piece.  So more Mega Man is never really a bad thing in my case.  I think 11 is going to be really good based off Block Man's stage and I couldn't be more excited.  It will also make a perfect home on Nintendo Switch due to the popularity the system has with retro gamers and the Indie Scene.

Edited by Irondog666