The Velvet Room - N4A Chat Thread, September 2018

Chrom

5 hours ago, chickadee said:

i wanna go back to new leaf so bad but i didnt leave properly last time so anyone could have left by now

if i lost vesta, julian, bones, marshal, or fauna....id mcfreaking lose my mind

Yea can relate. Just visited City Folk last night and my town was thinking about sending out a search party for me. hamcry;  It's been far too long since I've played it.

11 hours ago, chickadee said:

i wanna go back to new leaf so bad but i didnt leave properly last time so anyone could have left by now

if i lost vesta, julian, bones, marshal, or fauna....id mcfreaking lose my mind

Well, you have your original town still, so you have that going for you, at least...

Meanwhile, I’m over here having to start from scratch at square one in my town....

I have many things to do....

Also my town has Peaches as its town fruit, it seems - pretty sure I had Oranges in my original town, so this is a nice change of pace... I really have no problem with this, actually...

Also have Apollo again - pretty cool that I have two from my old town again... though I have absolutely no idea who the rest are....

and already have someone new going to move in... no bloody clue who Hippeux is, though... first I’ve heard of I’m...

When I get access to PWP, pretty sure the first things I’m going to do is add two new bridges... would make crossing over the river at a couple spots easier....

Also got around to playing the Sun/Moon Demo

Quite nice, actually... 

Though I mostly would like most of my games digitally, think I’ll get the three Pokémon games physically.... would be logical, I would think...

Probably will see them on sale during Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a decent price- would save some cash, anyway...

Although I haven’t redownloaded Y, at least it wasn’t important and not my main version... mainly used it for version exclusives, and chain fishing for shinies, for the most part... 

Also, think I’ll just go with getting the New Galaxy 3DS XL - although I don’t use 3D all too often, it’s pretty nice once in awhile 

Also should remember to get a prepaid card for Pokébank pass fuel... thankfully it’s not too expensive 

32 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Also got around to playing the Sun/Moon Demo

Quite nice, actually... 

Though I mostly would like most of my games digitally, think I’ll get the three Pokémon games physically.... would be logical, I would think...

Probably will see them on sale during Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a decent price- would save some cash, anyway...

Although I haven’t redownloaded Y, at least it wasn’t important and not my main version... mainly used it for version exclusives, and chain fishing for shinies, for the most part... 

Also, think I’ll just go with getting the New Galaxy 3DS XL - although I don’t use 3D all too often, it’s pretty nice once in awhile 

Also should remember to get a prepaid card for Pokébank pass fuel... thankfully it’s not too expensive 

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are going for $29 each right now at Best Buy. The originals seem to be going for full price though.

@Tyranogre  Just saw this Tiki amiibo on Walmart's site and thought you'd want to see it.

Edited by Doc Brown
8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are going for $29 each right now at Best Buy. The originals seem to be going for full price though.

I saw that earlier when I was doing some price checking, actually...

Though it’s on sale now, they might have it cheaper later on... which includes the other two games...

1 minute ago, Tyranogre said:

Oh, I’ve already had her since November of last year.

Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Ah. Glad you were able to snap one up.

No prob. Can find some decent stuff on there. Was hunting through Switch accessories when I saw it.

So I think I'm almost about halfway done with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm nearing the end of Chapter 4,and from what I understand, there is a total of 10 chapters. I don't do the side quests and I have it set to Easy as I just really want to enjoy the characters and story. About how much longer do you think I have left? I hear chapters get much shorter as you progress in the game. I'd ideally like to beat this game in time for the Expansion! 

We're gold, guys! Got my Wii U set up with my Av to Hdmi box and so far so good. So Switch, here we come. Planning on moving onto a better one in the future (av to hdmi box wise), but this one works ok for the time being.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 hour ago, Arvis said:

-->see's an army of barons

-->Seliph, with leg ring, can capture castle

-->capture castle, all barons die. 

Death by seizing is always satisfying. Also... I thought the barons in Echoes were scary, Judgral barons are an entirely different beast. Anyway, onto finishing this holy war. 

So, how were Ishtar and the Pegasus Triplets?awesome;

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

So, how were Ishtar and the Pegasus Triplets?awesome;

terrifying. absolutely, dreadfully, awfully terrifying. 

I got up until I defeat Manfroy and recruit Julia, but needed to take a break mostly because of those four. 

Edit: there be dragons fighting now

Just beat Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War. What a game. I really really hope this gets an Echoes-like remake. There's some early series jank that could be ironed out, but I also feel the art direction of Echoes would really suit Genealogy to a tee. 

And the only Fire Emblem game I never beat is Thracia 776. One day. but not today. y; 

Edited by Arvis