The Velvet Room - N4A Chat Thread, September 2018

Chrom

13 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Is Boku no Pico Academia any good? I'm not really into shounenshit.

ehhhhhhh, I feel if you're not into shonen, it won't change your mind. Which is to say it's good for what it is, but not mind-blowing or anything. Which is fine, sometimes you just need comfort food anime.

I haven't watched through any anime since 2015, and even then it was the original FMA series. I'm terrible at keeping up with recent media. I had this thought today when I realized the only game I've bought that's released this year is Dragon Quest XI. And I only plan on picking up Smash Ultimate for the remainder of it. January is looking killer, though, with three games that I want. y; 

20 minutes ago, Arvis said:

ehhhhhhh, I feel if you're not into shonen, it won't change your mind. Which is to say it's good for what it is, but not mind-blowing or anything. Which is fine, sometimes you just need comfort food anime.

I mean, I really liked the Stain Arc for adding a layer of depth to a world any lesser shonen would fail to even attempt to expand upon. 

I also like how the main protagonist grows as a fighter by learning new strategies and ways to harness his power as opposed to resorting to a basic boost at the last second. 

So there's, like, some nutritional value in this supposed comfort food of an anime.

• Chrom unpinned and locked this topic