The Velvet Room - N4A Chat Thread, September 2018

Chrom

One of my friend’s mother’s recently passed away while fighting cancer. She was a wonderful woman, and even though she sepereted from her husband, he too went after being shot in the line of duty. He was a cop. Now, my friend has no parents, and one day I’ll have to say goodbye to mine too. Death is the one thing that I’ll have to accept, (not sucidal, it’s just a part of life), even if it can be random when, not if. 

I’m really digging the Path/Grass paths I found - towns looking a lot nicer...

Though I’m going to need a few more Axes so I can cut down multiple trees and replace them with paths...

Well, it’s progress, at least...

Though I wish there was a button shortcut to that tab... kinda annoying - hopefully they add that in the next installment, would make things a bit quicker 

Also though I’m still early on, making small progress in Tomodachi Life... unlocked a decent amount of things so far

On 9/8/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ephraim said:

@fuzz i'm so tilted

i cost myself potential top8 and definitely cost myself prize tix in a ~190 player open today because i missed blatant lethal multiple times

anhero;

I'm so late responding to this my bad!! 😅

But oof man that is a bummer.. What deck did you take to the tournament? Regardless that's super rad you got that far and definitely something to be proud of!

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

I'm so late responding to this my bad!! 😅

But oof man that is a bummer.. What deck did you take to the tournament? Regardless that's super rad you got that far and definitely something to be proud of!

Hollow one. Started 5-1 then went 5-3.

Deck is super strong! Might play it for a little while longer still.

16 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Playing Dragon Quest is reminding me how much I like games with monster-raising. I've had Monster Hunter Stories in my backlog for a while now. How does it fare against Pokemon and Dragon Quest Monsters?

It doesn't quite hit the highs of Pokémon but Monster Hunter Stories is a perfectly enjoyable monster raising game. Good length, decent amount of options if you want to get super technical with monster genes/skills, though one thing that always bothered me a bit was the fact that you don't control your monster's attacks directly in battle. Always felt like a weird simplification/adding an element of chance to the combat system.

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Need some opinions on the eyes for my mask. They both give off the same amount of light when lit up, just unsure on which version I want for the unlit finish:

I like the glossy ones but I feel like the matte ones would work better for giving the mask a wooden appearance.