The Velvet Room - N4A Chat Thread, September 2018

Chrom

Okay, it’s not perfect, but my PC boxes are a bit more organized.... somewhat 

I think I’ve grouped up the HA Pokémon that I could find, at least...

On another note, finally got my house,first payment off,that... one thing that you need for PWP, and started my first Bridge Project started

Thankfully the Villager that moved in didn’t cause any placement issues for the bridge and was able to put it where I wanted

Also been mildly lucky with Fishing... first thing I caught on the 8th was a Arapaima... I’ve gotten a few other rare things, but can’t fully remember right now...

Also going to need to locate a nice set of Patterns for paths.....

Not really sure what to use or what the best site to find such, either...

Also I just remembered that I almost lost my Pokémon X game once... thankfully it had just fallen into my laundry, but still...

So I’m slightly torn on going physical or digital on AS/M/UM now...

Edited by Shadow118
16 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

How much pizza will you have to eat? Or is it as much pizza as you can in a certain time limit?

Most in 5 minutes, though there's talk of pushing it to 10 minutes. Been working on jaw strengthening and swallowing larger pieces of food.

Another cosplay update:

Spoiler

Mask:

Spoiler

Sketched out some of the lines on the mask:

mask4.jpg.ccc2be1000b11bd017da43d55d9b2905.jpg

Drilled and cut out holes (ignore the paper clay, it didn't work what I wanted it to do):

mask5.JPG.e7a5436ab44870b8c88b6b0a32eb3d42.JPG

Did some paper mache trim to the raised lines. I will go over these with worbla to give them a little more height and strength.

mask6.jpg.cb6c862fe8d0168a5d7f1a06da7a17de.jpg

Made a little more progress on the belt

Spoiler

To keep things organic looking I learned to braid, and got to work using some jute, same material used in burlapbelt1.JPG.d3de9d62ce97a458a4cb88d898eb9c4c.JPG

Belt consists of 8 loops (I think I already posted those...) so I needed 8 of these braided segments

belt2.jpg.a91686e23268086e091104b3149eeb36.jpg

Now, a little leaf green paint to make it look like it was grass that was braided together

belt3.jpg.e6946acfc0ab567bff0a0804f86a1b9d.jpg

Additional accessories

Spoiler

Not props. Accessories. Although not part of his outfit I made a couple of pull-string burlap satchels to hold my phone and wallet. Will attach them to the belt when it's finished.

satchel1.JPG.08b7700fd1a60d38d965270bebe074d4.JPG

satchel2.JPG.0459901d7ce1e4260e7b1cbd675d38d5.JPG

Donating blood today. Never did it before, sort of a spur of the moment idea.

Cosplay progress from last night: boots

Spoiler

Already posted, but here's where I left off. An old sneaker with a toe made from a plastic binder and plastic airsoft BBs inside

boots2.jpg.d4baeee6a476aff7af176fea3fc680aa.jpg

Now to wrap that shit in burlap and get my sew on:

boots3.JPG.43ae72bd285e5e722c6aa2d3643cbf6a.JPG

boots4.jpg.2496d0090d0fe17c13c2a680056171b5.jpg

boots5.JPG.f8c00d9cac59910e9ac761510fd53481.JPG

And the covers are done

boots6.JPG.0bda1187e688f64d766c1b6b5b314191.JPG

They're not attached to the bottom of the shoes yet. I'm waiting until I can get the burlap dyed red before I do that.

Animal Crossing in 2019. i can't wait, All aboard the hype train.

Fun fact: When I first played Animal Crossing on the GCN and was asked what the town name was, I thought the game was quizzing me and I didn't realize it was actually asking me to name my town however I liked. So I called it the nearest word I saw, Cursor, and so that's how Zora's first town was named Cursor. 

16 hours ago, Arvis said:

Fun fact: When I first played Animal Crossing on the GCN and was asked what the town name was, I thought the game was quizzing me and I didn't realize it was actually asking me to name my town however I liked. So I called it the nearest word I saw, Cursor, and so that's how Zora's first town was named Cursor. 

I can't either. It looks like it'll be pretty good.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, Arvis said:

let's fuckin gooooooooo

tumblr_myqh11WjI51su15vqo1_500.gif

Animal Crossing is a weird thing for me because on paper it seems like everything I'd love, but when I played it on the GCN and 3DS it was honestly one of the most boring-ass experiences I've ever had in a videogame.  I'll probably give this one another shot but I generally lose interest before I even get my house paid off and upgraded.

Edited by luca
26 minutes ago, luca said:

Animal Crossing is a weird thing for me because on paper it seems like everything I'd love, but when I played it on the GCN and 3DS it was honestly one of the most boring-ass experiences I've ever had in a videogame.  I'll probably give this one another shot but I generally lose interest before I even get my house paid off and upgraded.

tumblr_onmtynKJCa1v87dgio1_540.png