OOT vs MM vs BOTW - Your Favorite Poll

OOT vs MM vs BOTW Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 3 games if your favorite?

• Ocarina of Time
    • Majoras Mask
    • Breath of The Wild (and I DID play OOT/MM)
    • Breath of The Wild (and I did NOT play OOT or MM)

Wow, long time no see!  Like, it has literally been years since I've seen your name.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint but Breath of the Wild is gonna be tops for me.  While I do miss the traditional dungeon structure of the previous games and especially the imaginitive dungeon layouts and bosses of Majora's Mask, there was just too much to Breath of the Wild that went beyond my expectations. 

But I still love Majora's Mask, I swear!!

You can't do that.

That's too hard but I've decided this a while back that BotW trumps MM, by what that game did and expand on it. And imitate with 3 main dungeons.

Of course there's more that BotW done like the shrines, combat, and weapons ect but I don't want beat up on MM to much. That game was my childhood like OOT too.

Not to long ago, I debate which of OOT or MM is the better game, I went with MM. Tho, I must da both game excel what do well for their respected game MM just does it a little better.

And I'm sorry your name is not familiar but welcome nonetheless to Ninfora!flower;

Edited by DLurkster

Ocarina of Time. 

MM is honestly one of my least favorite Zeldas. It does some creative things with the three day night cycle, but I didn't feel like I had fun actually playing it. Idk, probably a me thing. 

BotW is okay, but... eh. It's a very well designed game, just not for me. Some QoL changes should be implemented, such as being able to climb while raining. 

Ocarina of Time has the benefit of nostalgia in my mind, and the fact that I've played it so many times (although my one playthrough of Breath of the Wild was over a hundred hours). Maybe in a couple of years, if I replay OoT and BotW back to back, I'd be able to compare them more closely.

Uh, what? Theresnoarrowshowami-! 

For a while I think I loved Majora's Mask OVER OoT. I just loved how every NPC coped with death in their own ways. Fear and death and how we deal with them are two things everyone can relate to. I love atmosphere. But, I love BOTW because even though I never played the first Zelda game, it brought back memories when I first played Link's Awakening. If anything, until BOTW, Link's Awakening was my favorite Zelda game. It was just the right timing with L'sA.

Edited by XLW
4 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

The aesthetics (not talking graphics) and even story are better to me in the N64 games than BoTW. But BoTW has to be the winner for this.

Curious--what aesthetics does Ocarina of Time have? Apart from the 3D remake, it doesn't have any notable art direction. Just the general creepiness in most of the dungeons.

Creepiness just puts me off. Breath of the Wild doesn't do creepy, but it's got no shortage of jump scares if you let yourself get immersed in it.

2 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Curious--what aesthetics does Ocarina of Time have? Apart from the 3D remake, it doesn't have any notable art direction. Just the general creepiness in most of the dungeons.

Creepiness just puts me off. Breath of the Wild doesn't do creepy, but it's got no shortage of jump scares if you let yourself get immersed in it.

It has a darker (and for MM, creepier) atmosphere that's missing in BOTW.

5 minutes ago, Kool.K said:

It has a darker (and for MM, creepier) atmosphere that's missing in BOTW.

See and this were ppl mix-up creepy and dark with some Zelda titles like who is darker Twilight Princess of MM.

I'd say TP is darker whenit comes to the atmosphere but MM is creepy.

15 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Idk, I always loved how peaceful Kokiri Forest was along with the music in the game. MM I always enjoyed Clock Town. I know they are just two parts of two games, but something about those areas I really enjoyed. And no it's not nostalgia talking.

I've been told that I would really like Majora's Mask with everything that's going on in that game and the themes that are present, but I have not picked up the 3D remake on the 3DS yet. I have played and beat Ocarina of Time 3D. Compared to Breath of the Wild, I think the story and dungeons are handled much better. I would say the games are even in terms of overall gameplay, except BotW has a lot more creative potential for most situations. For me, the openness, scale, creative potential and atmosphere for Breath of the Wild give it the edge over what I experienced in Ocarina of Time 3D.

• Chrom featured this topic

I probably sank somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 hours in to BOTW, but to me it really falls significantly short of OOT and fairly short of MM for a few reasons:

1. Lack of music. To me this is a big part of Zelda. The amazing tracks of the dungeons, towns, etc are incredibly memorable and add to the atmosphere. I think for BOTW, it would have made sense to keep the current ambient soundtrack they have for the overworld, but have orchestral tracks for towns and some of the more isolated/specific locations. 

2. Lack of dungeons. Having recently replayed MM, I would have killed to see something akin to stone tower in BOTW. But frankly virtually any dungeon (except jabu jabu belly) would have been an improvement over the divine beasts. Divine beasts would be much better if they were themed (forest/fire etc, or even something else as long as they have unique identities) had much better music, more puzzles (perhaps the equivalent of 10-15 shrines worth) and better bosses/sub bosses/enemy rooms.

3. Not as important as #1 and #2, but would have liked to see more to the story. It just lacked motivation.

4. Better side quests/characters. Having played through witcher 3 last year and MM this year the shallowness of the sidequests were a bit jarring. They would have been much, much better if they were attached to character narratives and involved more than collecting certain ingredients. 

There's a few other things that aren't necessarily a negative, but could have improved the experience; namely, bigger and more numerous towns, more enemy variety, better weapon degradation, limiting your dishes, as by mid game my character was far too OP thanks to dozens of full health dishes that I farmed ingredients for etc.

The problem is that #1 and #2 for me are probably the 2 most important aspects of Zelda games.

If BOTW 2 did something about the above points it would have a chance of besting OOT as the GOAT game for me. I love the new open world concept, its a visually really interesting world and mechanics are good. I'm hoping BOTW 2 really does improve on these things, epsecially on dungeons and music/story.