Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Vermillion City Trailer

17 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

But don't worry, you don't have to use your brain to get to Lt Surge this time. We'll just color the puzzle for you...!

image.png

... Quoting so everyone else has to see this image again and can confirm that they are not, in fact, hallucinating.

For heck's sake, legions of six-year-olds solved this puzzle two decades ago. This is so far beyond hinting or hand-holding.

To be fair, Lt. Surge's puzzle was toss since once you found the first button, you had to guess which can had the second button and if you guess wrong you need to find the first button again. It wasn't hard, but definitely annoying. 

Like, I'd rather take a nothing puzzle than a game of chance. Ideally they'd add a sparkle or something subtle to determine which cans have buttons, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was gonna post this but how many times have we been to Kanto now? This one here makes the fourth time.

As much I like Kanto, like the next guy what's shown here is no different the last 3 times we've been here. That's why I didn't post.

Cool to see vermilion city and surge in HD but that's about it.

And oh yeah there was Mega evolution, welp we know what universe this takes place in Pokemon.

Also, as pointed out elsewhere, this trailer and related information soft confirm held items and abilities will be absent. Specifically:

• Mega evolutions require the key item be in your bag; no equipping makes sense if held items are gone. 
  • Charizard Y does not cause drought when summoned; abilities are probably gone. 

Anyway, it's an easily missed piece of info from yesterday. 

• Chrom featured this topic
On 8/9/2018 at 3:08 PM, Ridley Prime said:

But don't worry, you don't have to use your brain to get to Lt Surge this time. We'll just color the puzzle for you...!

image.png

"use your brain"
you can't use your brain with the surge cans cause it doesn't even work the way it's described

image.png.a6de80f61216f8d46bf80e04294af6fd.png

there's an always present chance that the second can is always the top left, so it's literally a guessing game
even sillier in yellow

image.png.aa71a7538b3284d4b469d1117c38d26d.png

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

That's only in the anime where he's tan.

Image result for lt surge pokemon anime Image result for lt surge

I had a feeling I might be referencing from there.

They say genwunner are bad well my nostalgia for season 1 is showing hard and I haven't rewatched that season in like two years, maybe?

I don't know tho you see him the game more often not tan, I must ignore that just prefer the way I want remember him. Tan.

Beat me to it with the anime reference. 

Yeah Lt. Surge always had the white skin in the games and the TCG. I feel like that's how I remember him the most. Though the voice from the anime will always stick with me. 

I always wanted a Kanto remake that sort of followed the anime more than Yellow did. Like Misty and Brock traveling with you and a bunch of side quests that resembled the episodes of the anime while keeping a similar structure of Kanto more or less.