Torvus Bog - N4A Chat Thread, August 2018

Tyranogre

So, I made a Tael for my Skull Kid cosplay. Not sure how I feel about it. Opinions appreciated.

The plan is to make a sort of wire rig and have it suspended over my left shoulder.

Also, I've got my mold made for my mask. I wrapped my F4F replica in plastic wrap then layered on paper mache. I plan on using Worbla to fill the mold.

IMG_8288.JPG.0f970ab69577ceb6519283d820e2c462.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, EH_STEVE said:

So, I made a Tael for my Skull Kid cosplay. Not sure how I feel about it. Opinions appreciated.

The plan is to make a sort of wire rig and have it suspended over my left shoulder.

Also, I've got my mold made for my mask. I wrapped my F4F replica in plastic wrap then layered on paper mache. I plan on using Worbla to fill the mold.

IMG_8288.JPG.0f970ab69577ceb6519283d820e2c462.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, EH_STEVE said:

Nicccce, I'm curious to see how you'll add that into your costume.

2 hours ago, Zora said:

Tonight is Horse Emblem: Geneology of Sitting Around to Get Married. 

In the end, my desktop ended up on Windows 7 since Ubuntu crashed frequently. My HDD isn't being throttled anymore so I can play computer games reliably again. Woooohoooo. 

Oh, right, I forgot to tell you:

Love points stop growing at the end of turn 50.

1 hour ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Man I never knew how cool Fiber-optic cables were til I learned that they used light instead of electricity so EMI doesn't happen lol; . 

And their freaking speed is insane with how long they can go 

(Learned that from my Tech Net class)

(also my bday is tomorrow)

My research isn't on optical fibers per se, but I look at photonic structures that are used in a lot of fiber designs (e.g. holey fibers). But yes, their speed is amazing please america upgrades to clearly better technology so I can get a better job everyone can have better internet. 

happy almost bday btw. 

Yeah, fibre is really cool tech. We've got gigabit fibre installed to our residence and I'm impressed with both the consistently high speed and rock solid latency.

Fibre is often very expandable as well. The physical cables they've rolled out can push 10 Gbps and beyond. The limiting factor is what's on the ends.