Torvus Bog - N4A Chat Thread, August 2018

Tyranogre

8 hours ago, Pichi said:

what is it about florida that drives everybody fucking insane

There's something in the law that allows more freedom of the press to police reports and arrests than any other state. So they can report ALL the crazy.

Awhile ago we ended up getting checked in to AmericInn

Honestly, it’s not too bad so far

Granted, it’s for overnight, so... can’t say much more than that right now

________

And attempted dinner at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament?

Honestly, after today? Never. again.

This type of Restaurant (?) isn’t just isn’t for me - a combination of environmental factors felt like I was having  (or almost getting) a panic attack (and I can’t say I’ve ever recall having one before offhand....)

Think I’m a bit calmer now, though...

Also getting low on battery... wish I had brought my charger/Backpack with me if I knew It was going to be this long...

Should think ahead a bit more on that...

Though I think we’ll be heading back to the Inn soon...

Edited by Shadow118
1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Awhile ago we ended up getting checked in to AmericInn

Honestly, it’s not too bad so far

Granted, it’s for overnight, so... can’t say much more than that right now

________

And attempted dinner at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament?

Honestly, after today? Never. again.

This type of Restaurant (?) isn’t just isn’t for me - a combination of environmental factors felt like I was having  (or almost getting) a panic attack (and I can’t say I’ve ever recall having one before offhand....)

Think I’m a bit calmer now, though...

Also getting low on battery... wish I had brought my charger/Backpack with me if I knew It was going to be this long...

Should think ahead a bit more on that...

Though I think we’ll be heading back to the Inn soon...

Finally back at the Inn  (approx 24 or so minutes ago) and have finally fully calmed down

Though the atmosphere in there wasn’t for me, at least the food was good...

Now hopefully I’ll be fully calm and have that not happen again tomorrow....

Though on the other hand, I doubt it’s something I can completely control and completely out of my hands

I'm installing Linux on my desktop. I'll be free from Microsoft forever. 

Windows 10 was throttling my HDD transfer rate through background programs, which was the last of many many straws. But, it eached the point where my desktop frequently became unusable for minutes at a time. Maybe my HDD is failing and ~100 MB/s is bad for a 7yo HDD. Or maybe I should get a SSD but... this computer is so old that I'm not bringing it with me when I move later thus year (or early next). Realistically, the best option was try my luck with Linux since there's no sense in me getting a SSD (for this computer, anyway). 

1 hour ago, Zora said:

I'm installing Linux on my desktop. I'll be free from Microsoft forever. 

Windows 10 was throttling my HDD transfer rate through background programs, which was the last of many many straws. But, it eached the point where my desktop frequently became unusable for minutes at a time. Maybe my HDD is failing and ~100 MB/s is bad for a 7yo HDD. Or maybe I should get a SSD but... this computer is so old that I'm not bringing it with me when I move later thus year (or early next). Realistically, the best option was try my luck with Linux since there's no sense in me getting a SSD (for this computer, anyway). 

What distro are you planning on using? 

2 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Join the Mac master race!

Not everyone has money for a $2000 computer 

33 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Join the Mac master race!

a.) I don't have that kind of money b.) I used a mac for high school and that was enough. Why does Apple have like five different Internet utilities? hidingkong;

30 minutes ago, ace said:

What distro are you planning on using?

Ubuntu because it's what I used on my school laptop, so I'm familiar with it. I use that laptop at work when I occasionally need to something, like MATLAB, which isn't on any of the work computers.