Torvus Bog - N4A Chat Thread, August 2018

Tyranogre

Going back to the Computer version of Minecraft after not playing it for so long feels weird...

Also thinking about it, should fill out my Xbox friends list... 

Pretty empty right now (although Reddit could be an option)

Have a few already on my Switch Friends lists.. (granted I have a lack of too many multiplayer games on hand right now....)

Edited by Shadow118
On 8/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Tyranogre said:

So far, Dong Cunt 3 is automatically better than Dong Cunt 2 because it no longer charges me Blanabba Coins just to save the fucking game.

now if only it didn't butcher the physics bigsmile;

So I got God of War (2018) not long after launch and ended up liking it. So I decided to go through the first game, since I already owned it (alongside God of War 2) for the PS3 but never actually played them.

The game is pretty alright, my only major complaint is lack of subtitles during cutscenes. Otherwise, it's a PS2 era game alright. 

On 8/3/2018 at 12:28 AM, Young P said:

Honestly I think that advice puts you at greater risk of taking everything too seriously and being miserable as a result. Yes, you're going to embarrass yourself, you're going to mistreat people sometimes, you're going to be immature. If you're constantly trying to avoid these pitfalls, you're putting too much pressure on yourself and making the emotional fallout worse when you inevitably fail to meet your own standards. I think you'll be better off just accepting that you're a confused, hormonal mess, and everyone around you is too, and forgive yourself and each other because nobody knows what they're doing at this stage.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:41 AM, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Aye, yeah, sorry.

I took that too far. Don't listen to me. 

On 8/3/2018 at 1:06 AM, Tyranogre said:

Some tips that really helped me through high school:

*If an essay is required to be a certain number of pages long, go to MS Word and increase the font size for all punctuation marks (i.e. commas, periods, apostrophes, etc.)

*If it requires a certain word count, try adding “very” in front of all the adjectives.

*Related to the above: Contractions are your enemy. Always write “do not”; never “don’t”.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, Youngster Joey said:

My advice is if you're bored out of your mind or hate highschool by grade 11, consider doing some kind of advanced college prep program that will give you college credits. It may distance you from your highschool, but nothing really matters after graduation. If really want to get ahead, you could just skip highschool, get your GED, and then have a two-year degree before you're 18.

And for college, don't ignore community colleges. Even if you really want to do university, community colleges are good for taking your general education classes at a cheaper rate, while getting your bearings for college life.

Thank you all for all the advice, but I already decided the person I think I want to be. I'll be true to myself and not fix my personality for anyone, that isn't exactly how I am. Sure, I'm gonna win some and lose some, but I already had my fair share of that since middle school anyway. I think (probably not) can take high school. I'm walking in there blind, and that's better that way. I won't let some chums take advantage of me, that's for sure.

After all, what's is there to life without a little risk, yeah?

Also, thanks for the English advice too, I kinda suck at that lol Math too I wished I was smart enough to skip grades though

Quick Dong 64 question:

So you need to beat the Donkey Kong arcade machine to get the Nintendo coin in order to beat the game. And the arcade machine takes 2 Blanabba Coins per play. However, there are only a finite number of Blanabba Coins to collect in the game, and you also need to use them to buy weapon upgrades and Cranky's potions. Would it therefore be possible to fail the arcade machine so many times that you completely run out of Blanabba Coins, thus rendering the game unbeatable?

42 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Quick Dong 64 question:

So you need to beat the Donkey Kong arcade machine to get the Nintendo coin in order to beat the game. And the arcade machine takes 2 Blanabba Coins per play. However, there are only a finite number of Blanabba Coins to collect in the game, and you also need to use them to buy weapon upgrades and Cranky's potions. Would it therefore be possible to fail the arcade machine so many times that you completely run out of Blanabba Coins, thus rendering the game unbeatable?

It's not per play, it's only the first time you play. After that you should be able to retry for free. DK64 doesn't have an infinite number of coins but there should be way more available than you actually need to spend.

Almost done with Dragon Quest VIII. 

I'm sort of relieved it's almost over. There's so much to love about this game, but there are some rough edges. Boss's dip into fake difficulty when they have status moves (that target everyone) and there's no real protection against most statuses . There's a lot of arc fatigue; getting passage to the western continent feels like almost a quarter of the game. But the fact it's the first 3d console Dragon Quest game gives it the best presentation of any DQ game and its story is surprisingly engrossing given all DQ games basically have the same plot. 

If nothing else, I'm hyped for Dragon Quest XI which is like three weeks away. Aaaaaaaaa. 

And then there's Europe Emblem 4 like three weeks after that. 

Edited by Zora