Torvus Bog - N4A Chat Thread, August 2018

Tyranogre

28 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

With SRPG Studio coming to Steam soon, think we should bring back NS2 FE RPG?

We could have always made it on the pc which had more options. Despite being fun to talk about, there was not enough motivation for it to actually be a thing. Plus 2/3 of the people in it don't come here anymore. 

My biggest hope for Metroid Prime 4 is that the game will take place on a single, well-developed planet.

No “disconnected series of small planets that are each no bigger than a single area on Tallon IV” like Hunters and Corruption.

No “artificial space station that somehow has lava on it and all the creatures are clones” like Fusion and Other M.

12 hours ago, fuzz said:

@Ephraim

I unfortunately haven't yet!! I've basically been mia for the last two months until today because of a very consuming summer job, and today is actually the first day I've really even thought about being able to play magic again 😂 I decided to get rid of a lot of the other assorted modern cards I was buying when I saw them at my shop because I needed the cash and was so far from building any of the decks, but I still have my fishy friends. I even missed a GP incredibly close to me so that was a big bummer. I don't even know what the meta is like currently, are humans still the top?

ah, bummer, but real life is more important!

humans is still among the best, yeah, though jeskai and uw miracles have seriously gained ground as of late.

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Doing ok. Just trying to get a shiny Ditto, dang thing is stubborn. How are things on your end?

Aside from procrastinating, I'm doing pretty okay. Waiting for classes to start later this month so I can have a reason to go outside again.

Just now, Jun said:

So I've heard. 

Luckily I accepted to a school a few of my friends are going to as well, so all is good I suppose.

Aye, that's good, but I ain't talking about just making a couple of friends. 

I'm talking about not letting your hormones consume you whenever a hot girl so much as looks at you for more than a couple of seconds.

I'm talking about not being a buzzkill in any social circle just because you happen to feel down that day.

I'm talking about not lashing out whenever things don't go your way.

High school can be kinda messed up if you don't mature fast enough. I know I took awhile to, and I suffered a lot as a result. 

Honestly I think that advice puts you at greater risk of taking everything too seriously and being miserable as a result. Yes, you're going to embarrass yourself, you're going to mistreat people sometimes, you're going to be immature. If you're constantly trying to avoid these pitfalls, you're putting too much pressure on yourself and making the emotional fallout worse when you inevitably fail to meet your own standards. I think you'll be better off just accepting that you're a confused, hormonal mess, and everyone around you is too, and forgive yourself and each other because nobody knows what they're doing at this stage.

13 minutes ago, Young P said:

Honestly I think that advice puts you at greater risk of taking everything too seriously and being miserable as a result. Yes, you're going to embarrass yourself, you're going to mistreat people sometimes, you're going to be immature. If you're constantly trying to avoid these pitfalls, you're putting too much pressure on yourself and making the emotional fallout worse when you inevitably fail to meet your own standards. I think you'll be better off just accepting that you're a confused, hormonal mess, and everyone around you is too, and forgive yourself and each other because nobody knows what they're doing at this stage.

Aye, yeah, sorry.

I took that too far. Don't listen to me. 

Some tips that really helped me through high school:

*If an essay is required to be a certain number of pages long, go to MS Word and increase the font size for all punctuation marks (i.e. commas, periods, apostrophes, etc.)

*If it requires a certain word count, try adding “very” in front of all the adjectives.

*Related to the above: Contractions are your enemy. Always write “do not”; never “don’t”.

My advice is if you're bored out of your mind or hate highschool by grade 11, consider doing some kind of advanced college prep program that will give you college credits. It may distance you from your highschool, but nothing really matters after graduation. If really want to get ahead, you could just skip highschool, get your GED, and then have a two-year degree before you're 18.

And for college, don't ignore community colleges. Even if you really want to do university, community colleges are good for taking your general education classes at a cheaper rate, while getting your bearings for college life.