Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition "Features" Trailer

This was a recent upload by Bandai Namco so it's fairly new.  It basically runs down some of the new things players can expect from the definitive edition such as new mystic artes, costumes and character battles.  In particular, I like the Tales of the Abyss costumes and the battle they showed with Don Whitehorse.

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I seen this and I must not of realized that Don Whitehorse wasn't a boss back on the 360, whoops cool he's boss back on the PS3.

And what great man the Don is.

And....fuck Alexei.

If he was able to be fought on the PS3 then that's something I didn't know about.  But it was cool to see since of all the areas in the game Dahngrest was the one that always stood out to me the most.  It's even the only town theme I actually remember so a battle where I can take on the one running it all is pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I had not traded Vesperia back in some time after my 360 disc tray broke though I got it again when I saw a sweet sale for it digitally. This was my most wanted game for BC on the X1 but now I can get a better version and if it's not too large in size I will get digital for the Switch, otherwise find it at a good price at or around launch.

Edited by Dancing Mog
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, Tyranogre said:

I've heard of that and I had a feeling that would happen too. I just hope it isn't Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World situation like Lloyd VA sounding nothing like Scott Menville.

That was awful. Tho, I'm surprised, how did Troy Baker knew nothing about and just hears now as opposed to him thinking Bamco would contact, that's the strangest thing out of all of this..

Discovered English footage of Patty and gang.

I can't say who is doing Patty's voice but at first hear she sounds annoying. I wonder if its Brina Palencia, I like the voices she does except when she puts on these annoying voices like she did with  Elle in Tales of Xillia 2.

As for the reset of the gang in the scene, all sound like their original VA except Karol, Estelle sound a little off and Yuri in that scene sound like Troy Baker. Hmm, not bad I guess.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I've heard of that and I had a feeling that would happen too. I just hope it isn't Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World situation like Lloyd VA sounding nothing like Scott Menville.

That was awful. Tho, I'm surprised, how did Troy Baker knew nothing about and just hears now as opposed to him thinking Bamco would contact, that's the strangest thing out of all of this..

All of Yuri's old lines from the Xbox 360 version are supposedly being reused; just another person is voicing Yuri's new lines. The issue is on Bamco's end; Troy Baker said he'd be happy to voice Yuri's lines. It's a shame though, and I'm not sure how I feel having two different voice actors for Yuri. But... it's a small enough blemish that I'll buy this game anyway.

39 minutes ago, Kezay said:

So in the video DL posted, is the new voice work for Yuri also in the scene where they save Patty from the monster?  Because when I first heard that watching the video it definitely sounds different.

Yeah, Yuri speaks after he catches Patty and yeah Yuri sounds different but at least it isn't Lloyd dawn of the new world different. That was just awful and a disservice to Scott Menville.

I've been hearing that Matt Mercer is doing the voice of Yuri in the new scenes in the game.