"Further updates" planned for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | *New LABO support, Vehicle Kit*

In a recent video put out by Nintendo, Shinya Takahashi mentioned that there will be "further updates" for MK8DX...

I wonder if this means we'll see more DLC packs? Not sure what else they would add via updates besides DLC. Maybe we'll see something were the upcoming Mario Kart Tour mobile game connects with MK8DX and/or a free updates with a new character, track, or kart?

PLZ, Nintendo! Give us more amiibo outfits!!!!! Just go crazy with it! :D 

Edited by alienboyva

Should have gotten more amiibo outfits when it released but I digress.

I agree with DL about 9 having to be coming out soon but....

How much expansion would 8 get?  At what point do you start working with 9.

That said, I could see some battle arena and race track for 8DLX...... would that be a pack for paid online?  Even if MK8DLX is already free online.

40 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I'm sure an MK9 will come around eventually but I'm wondering if until then maybe they'll update MK8 Deluxe sort of in a Games as a Service fashion?

There's an idea. Especially with the paid online service just around the corner—extra incentive to invest in the paid service.

If they do put out more tracks I may have to buy MK8 Deluxe! If it's just costumes or racers or even something like a new game mode (250cc?!) I probably wouldn't bother though.

2 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

If they do put out more tracks I may have to buy MK8 Deluxe! If it's just costumes or racers or even something like a new game mode (250cc?!) I probably wouldn't bother though.

This is pretty much the boat I'm in, and the main reason why I haven't bought MK8 Deluxe yet in the first place. There's simply not enough new over my Wii U version to make it worth shelling out again. More tracks is probably the one thing that would convince me.

17 hours ago, L'Arachel said:

This is pretty much the boat I'm in, and the main reason why I haven't bought MK8 Deluxe yet in the first place. There's simply not enough new over my Wii U version to make it worth shelling out again. More tracks is probably the one thing that would convince me.

To be fair, double items is HUGE, should've never been removed in the first place.

I would at least love it if they could at least bring R.O.B. back....

Honestly I’d love it if they just brought everyone that’s been absent in past games, but not sure how realistic that is

And if not for this game, I’d love it if we got some more new characters in the next one - E. Gas and Fawful would be quite cool to see at least being a couple examples (though not sure how likely that would be...)

Oh, also new update available:

• alienboyva changed the title to "Further updates" planned for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | *Ver. 1.6.0 Now Avail. (BotW)*

Oh crap, I didn't even realized they brought in the master cycle zero. Makes sense. I was wondering why they brought in BotW Link and his paraglider and that is it.

EDIT: It's not inside drifting, welp I know to ride the origin of the master cycle.

Edited by DLurkster

In the line of this update....

SMO?

Odyssey ship "cart"  

I got nothing on tires or glider idea.

I wouldn't mind some sort of moon buggy and some real "moon" tires or something....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/talking_point_should_nintendo_keep_releasing_dlc_for_mario_kart_8_deluxe

Pretty good Talking Point article about updating MK8DLX or moving onto MK 9.

Edited by purple_beard

It would make a ton of sense to incorporate Mario Odyssey stuff, from levels to carts. 

As far as 9 goes though, I mean think about it, technically Nintendo doesn't have to make one until their next console. When will that be? I think the Switch could have a 5-6 year window. I know some will think less, but the system just started out and it doesn't feel right to get two Mario Karts on one system. 

The Breath of the Wild stuff is cool and I booted the game up, but it reminded me how much I hate 200 cc.

4 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Speaking of 200 cc, anyone got an awesome kart combo to help me get three stars on each? Already have the gold trophies on all of the stages.

I use PWing, ac tires, and cloud glider with a light/medium koopaling.

Imo,  the real catch to 200cc success is getting in sync with the braking before turning and it's delay in response.

Edited by purple_beard

For me I use pipe frame, the blue standard wheels (because if incase you don't break in time and drive over terrain that karts are not meant to drive on, you slow down will be minimal) and Hylian kite. (I'm not sure if the glider effect that much in 200cc but that is the one I use)

And I use medium weight character, I use the black and blue Yoshi. I find that any setup that you think will be good on 200cc for lightweight, I'll go a smidge too fast, even with braking and with heavy characters once you hit your top speed and besides recovery from hit takes longer than any weight class, if you don't brake, you pretty much lost the race because all the momentum is gone.

So the most important aspect of 200c is to stick with the middle weight class and what kart and wheels will support that on 200cc run, pretty much.

19 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Yeah it's a different game when you have to consider breaking more. I haven't really mastered it yet. I've been using Waluigi. Just trying to find the best cart combo that suits me but I'll try these out.

Its like any racing movie you have ever seen Initial D, Talladega Nights, Days of Thunder, Cars, (first 5) Fast and Furious movies....  man and machine and track must become one.  I'd say do some AI races with whatever you like that works with your racing style and practice getting the feel of using the brake button just before actual turning and get your timing down on when you press it, the brakes kick in, and how to steer through the turn while braking.  Once you figure that out you are pretty much golden.  I've found the heavies carry to much momentum in the turns when doing 200cc to get my own timing down right and I get screwed so yeah.... lights or mediums  ...then get the feel for your style of racing and applying the braking techniques to have success.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I've found the heavies carry to much momentum in the turns when doing 200cc to get my own timing down right and I get screwed so yeah.... lights or mediums  ...then get the feel for your style of racing and applying the braking techniques to have success.

I pretty much said this.:)educate;