Sign in to follow this  
Laclipsey

Skullgirls 2nd Encore coming to Switch

I'm a few days late with this, but I guess Skullgirls is finally making the jump to Nintendo hardware. No release date yet, but the trailer in question reveals that this release will include all of the DLC characters (Beowulf, Big Band, Eliza, Robo Fortune, Squigly). To top it off, there will also be a physical edition, which if I'm not mistaken makes this the first time Skullgirls has had a retail release outside of LimitedRun. 

I'll be double dipping for the physical edition and the ability to play it on a console. Skullgirls has the distinction of being a really accessible fighter with a pretty high skill cap. That and the the fact that Big Band has a King Dedede pallete swap means you have to play it. RIGHT? 

Spoiler

I was surprised to see this announcement considering how out of left field it seemed.  It's a pretty nice get and the game looks absolutely gorgeous!

On 7/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Kezay said:

I was surprised to see this announcement considering how out of left field it seemed.  It's a pretty nice get and the game looks absolutely gorgeous!

New modes are pretty neat, too. :) Though Marie makes me want to tear my hair out in Arcade Mode. Survival Mode sounds... infuriating. :P The only thing I'm actually worried about is online. I don't know if Nintendo or Lab Zero is responsible for maintaining the servers for the Switch version, but I know it will be affected by the Switch hardware. I still haven't bought a Switch, so I have no frame of reference for how the thing actually runs online.