Splatoon 2 Global Splatfest: Inkling VS Octoling!!!

image.thumb.png.768a0fedbd92e8e965788f5fb5629b8d.png

The Splatfest we've been waiting since the first game.

Inkling versus Octoling!

Pick your preferred kid for turf war starting July 6th and war commences on July 21st. Also, for those who have not purchased the octo expansion or completed, (the latter on is me) you can play as the Octoling just for this Splatfest.

Kick-off of this Splatfest is: Friday July 20th 12:00am til Saturday July 2st 12:00am.

This is a global splatfest as well.

I wonder with that open where the tide will more lean to and if this means maybe for once the popular team might win for once?

Where will you be when the these two sides clash?

Edited by DLurkster

If no one is aware, both the Inkling and Octoling play the same not no matter the weapon set or level you're at. It would be stupid that they made them any slight difference, this isn't like Marth and Lucina situation in Smash. Any minute difference will divide the meta of the game on top of the weapons you use already.

Ooh this is a good one. I may have to go with Team Octoling just because it's newer. That and if it was just a question between Pearl and Marina I'd go Marina.

It's sort of a battle between Splatoon 1 and 2 as well, which makes me think of another great match-up that we'll probably see at some point: Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook.

1 minute ago, Eliwood8 said:

Ooh this is a good one. I may have to go with Team Octoling just because it's newer. That and if it was just a question between Pearl and Marina I'd go Marina.

It's sort of a battle between Splatoon 1 and 2 as well, which makes me think of another great match-up that we'll probably see at some point: Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook.

I was think the same thing about this Splatfest sort of reminds of the Marie vs callie, sort of. If you don't get the Squid Sisters vs Off The Hook, at least give use Peal and Marina.

Obviously that Splastfest is gonna be the last one for this game and since we heard last month that free updates will continue until December so I fell the last Splatfest for Splatoon 2 will occur there.

You can now choose your side of the the upcoming Splatfest (as of yesterday) that will commence on July 21st. (which is the one year anniversary of Splatoon 2 release!)

Corrected date and added time for Splafest based on NA EDT in OP.

• 2 weeks later...

Correction to the OP, again. It made sense to start this fest on Sat because that marks the one year anniversary of Splatoon 2 but I never seen Splat fest start midnight on Saturday which I found weird.

So it is the usual midnight on Tomorrow. (east coast time) Tho, I'm gonna miss this because I'm going to Canada's Wonderland pretty much for the day on Saturday. Even without the internet, I'm not bringing my Switch there. There's just too much risk bringing it there.

It's probably for the best I don't participate but this is a once in a lifetime fest. Tho, there will be fests where you can play as octolings but this is one where you're stuck to one side. This is bittersweet for me. I am very conflicted in how I feel all about this.:(

…They always start at midnight, Eastern time, though. And 9pm Pacific on the Friday before.

I had kind of forgotten about this with all the other games I've been playing lately, but I'll definitely make time to defend Team Octoling tomorrow.

So no surprise that the Inklings won. It's the way it supposed to be but I didn't say this.

Even when I don't play the side I choose lose. So for me it doesn't matter if I play or not, the side I choose for some reason lose. Tho it might have to do with me choosing the popular side, which statistically lose. You usual know from the jump who will be popular but I can't help if that is what I prefer and going for the win based unpopularity.

For not on any future Splatfest I partake in, whatever I side I prefer, I'll choose the opposite. Because what I explained for me trying my best or not playing and I still lose? What do  I gotta do to change my fate. I hope this method I come up with works.