Isle of Café Seiren - N4A Chat Thread, July 2018

4 minutes ago, chickadee said:

you know i aint got none of that

i was stupid and spent it all on steam games for everyone else during my youth and now i suffer the consequences

i spent mine all on beef

i'm not joking i bought 3 pounds of beef yesterday because it was on sale

Me: you wanna watch Voltron? 

Bf: nah. 

Me: but giant robots. 

This past weekend:

Me: you wanna watch Voltron? It has gay coming soon.

Bf: where do I sign in?

I'm cautiously optimistic how Voltron is going to handle it's recently revealed gay character. If the bf only exists in scant flashbacks and is otherwise absent, I'll probably be disappointed. But if they do more than that, well, I'll be very happy. 

Edited by Zora

As much fun I'm having with Mega Man X3... DR. DOPPLER STAGE 1 SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS! The spiked ceiling/ rocket enemies, and pits are not only the guilty party, but the walls that crush me if I don't wall-jump fast enough. As much as I try, I get stuck on these parts. >:( It was bad with X2, but it's annoying here as well.  

... I give up. I was having a great time, but that wall sequence is just a nightmare. I've played it for a good while, and death is my result. It doesn't matter, since I think most of the music sucks, enemy placement is a bit atrocious, level design is 50/50, and Zero, the Nightmare Mavericks, and the Ride Armors are poorly integrated. I'M MOVING ON TO X4, and even though I know the voice acting is atrocious, and I know the story doesn't fare better, I hope I can at least defeat it. 

Edited by XLW
8 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Altered Carbon got picked up for a second season with Anthony Mackie taking the lead role as Kovacs' new 'sleeve'

My girlfriend introduced me to this and I liked the first season a lot.  Looking forward to the follow up!