Isle of Café Seiren - N4A Chat Thread, July 2018

Got a(n urgent) tech problem, looking for advice:

booted up pc i haven't touched in ages. front light is on, fans are spinning normally including gpu and cpu fans. mobo lights are *not* on and refuses to recognise monitors/keyboard etc. tried undusting a bit, reconnecting wires. no dice. what do?

Motherboard itself doesn't seem like it has any blown capacitors either.

Hmmm, my assumption would be that the cpu and motherboard wires from the PSU might not be seated properly or are faulty. If you have time you can disconnect everything from the case and take it apart, just connecting the bare minimum to the motherboard and see if that is the issue. (psu to motherboard to monitor) and see if you can reach the bios.

8 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Why is it okay to be mad about a possible live-action Rugrats reboot, but not okay to be mad about She-Ra's redesign?

Not trying to start anything; just curious.

knowing nothing, I looked up she-ra and in the top image results was a youtube thumbnail saying "SHE-MAN?!"
yeah no need to investigate here. but i read the comments and luca seems on the dot.

10 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Looks like we’re getting a new Digimon game on the Switch - looks interesting, I’m keeping it on my radar

If it ends up selling well hopefully it’ll open up the doors for more new/ports/remasters being brought to Switch 

I wouldn’t mind if Sleuth games being ported

And a hd remastered Digimon World Collection would be sweet... unfortunately I don’t know how likely that would be, though...

Cool.

I hope so on both counts.

Reminder that having a voice doesn't protect you from criticism for sharing it. You can in fact have a bad opinion.

It's one thing to prefer the old She-Ra for personal reasons, but there isn't anything wrong with the new one either. Getting mad that a woman in a kid's show doesn't look sexy enough just makes you look bad. New She-Ra should be embraced because it communicates the important message that women don't have to look sexy like old She-Ra to be a hero.

It's not the same thing as not looking forward to a movie because the premise sounds stupid and precedent of other live-action adaptations doesn't instill confidence.

I was hearing murmurs about the she-ra thing earlier and decided to give it a look, expecting like some kind of drastic or terrible change that ruins the character or something like that. I did not expect this. It's actually so confusing that people are upset by that redesign. it's not even a bad redesign.

As for a live action rugrats movie, lets just point to Baby Geniuses as evidence A of why we should try to avoid live action baby movies.

11 hours ago, InXplotch said:

I was hearing murmurs about the she-ra thing earlier and decided to give it a look, expecting like some kind of drastic or terrible change that ruins the character or something like that. I did not expect this. It's actually so confusing that people are upset by that redesign. it's not even a bad redesign.

As for a live action rugrats movie, lets just point to Baby Geniuses as evidence A of why we should try to avoid live action baby movies.

yeah like honestly it's pretty cute

23 hours ago, fuzz said:

Hmmm, my assumption would be that the cpu and motherboard wires from the PSU might not be seated properly or are faulty. If you have time you can disconnect everything from the case and take it apart, just connecting the bare minimum to the motherboard and see if that is the issue. (psu to motherboard to monitor) and see if you can reach the bios.

Hah, turned out there was a very simple fix. Just needed to hold the power button for 30s while everything was powered off and everything worked perfectly afterwards. Thanks for the help though! :)