Isle of Café Seiren - N4A Chat Thread, July 2018

I don't get why everyone jerks themselves off thinking of him. He's proven time and time again he is not a good person. He's a tool on social media and his employees are treated like shit. Tesla Model 3 production takes place in a fucking tent.

It also cracks me up that people were shocked when he made that large political donation the other day.

7 minutes ago, ace said:

I don't get why everyone jerks themselves off thinking of him. He's proven time and time again he is not a good person. He's a tool on social media and his employees are treated like shit. Tesla Model 3 production takes place in a fucking tent.

It also cracks me up that people were shocked when he made that large political donation the other day.

He's just like every other Silicon Valley Libertarian in sense that he'll choose to be a good person when it's convenient for him to be and it doesn't affect his bottom line.  Instead of giving organizations the money they need to make a difference because they know what they're doing and they're experts, he prefers to jerk around with bullshit PR stunts and experiments that ultimately amount to nothing for the sake of attention.

He's a person who's focused on advancing technological fronts and preservation in a broad sense at the sake of being an empathetic person on an individual basis.  Which is basically every CEO ever.

Did Yokai Watch add their own bara cat?

fKCtGhA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Watch out Incineroar, Jimbanyan is coming for you. 

I don't know what to add to Elon Musk other than... yeah, he's pretty shitty. I'd also say I work with a 488 nanometer laser, but I'm not sure he'll believe that wavelength exists. 

Edited by Soren
8 hours ago, luca said:

He's just like every other Silicon Valley Libertarian in sense that he'll choose to be a good person when it's convenient for him to be and it doesn't affect his bottom line.  Instead of giving organizations the money they need to make a difference because they know what they're doing and they're experts, he prefers to jerk around with bullshit PR stunts and experiments that ultimately amount to nothing for the sake of attention.

He's a person who's focused on advancing technological fronts and preservation in a broad sense at the sake of being an empathetic person on an individual basis.  Which is basically every CEO ever.

Aye, don't mean to butt in but how is it possible to discern whether or not he's being a good person when it's convenient? 

30 minutes ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Aye, don't mean to butt in but how is it possible to discern whether or not he's being a good person when it's convenient? 

You choose to support causes only in ways that would directly benefit you.  Like he talks about things like Flint water supply or the Thailand kids but instead of enabling experts and donating money to them he tries to poke his company's dick into it when it's not his company's expertise, so it becomes a playground for him to experiment and generate interest in his company.

16 hours ago, luca said:

You choose to support causes only in ways that would directly benefit you.  Like he talks about things like Flint water supply or the Thailand kids but instead of enabling experts and donating money to them he tries to poke his company's dick into it when it's not his company's expertise, so it becomes a playground for him to experiment and generate interest in his company.

I mean, perhaps he feels that if he has more control over the research he'd be more efficient or something. 

Could he possibly enable the experts by hiring or contracting them through his company? 

26 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

On a scale of "one" to "kicking Hitler out of Art School", how bad of an idea would it be to play Gal Gun 2 on the public transit?

I'll put it this way. I get embarrassed playing most gacha games on public transit, I wouldnt even think of playing a game like gal gun in public. I rate it a "keep your anime tiddies off the train"/10

Just found out about this via Pokemon Go's Reddit board.

This young kid, Aaron, is going through his second bout of Leukemia and his family and friends are trying to give him his best birthday ever. 

It's a worthy goal and I hope it works out. Planning on trying to find him some Pokemon cards and sending him a birthday card.

Edited by Doc Brown

And now, a Wednesday-related fact that will blow your mind:

Since Shuri references the "WHAT ARE THOSE?!" meme in Black Panther, this confirms that Vine exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The original "It is Wednesday my dudes" Vine was first posted in 2015. In the vine, the man is wearing a Spider-Man costume. However, within the MCU, Spider-Man didn't appear until Civil War, which is set in 2016. Therefore, it is entirely possible that Peter Parker modeled the design of his suit after the guy in the original Wednesday vine.

Looks like we’re getting a new Digimon game on the Switch - looks interesting, I’m keeping it on my radar

If it ends up selling well hopefully it’ll open up the doors for more new/ports/remasters being brought to Switch 

I wouldn’t mind if Sleuth games being ported

And a hd remastered Digimon World Collection would be sweet... unfortunately I don’t know how likely that would be, though...

31 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Why is it okay to be mad about a possible live-action Rugrats reboot, but not okay to be mad about She-Ra's redesign?

Not trying to start anything; just curious.

Most of the outrage around it is by neckbeards who want their sex appeal and are upset that they can't sexualize a character in a show for children anymore.  It comes from a significantly more toxic and sexist place than people being upset over a cashgrab that nobody asked for and are unsure of its quality.